Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 21-06-19
Valued Member

Default Replacing electric seats

Iím having trouble with the electric motor in the driverís seat and I was thinking of scrapping the whole two front seats and replacing them with manual adjust ones from a GLS, which Iíd get upholstered in leather Ė the existing ones needs reupholstering anyway.

Does anyone know if the seats from a GLS NP (or maybe NM etc) will bolt straight into the NP Exceed.

Cheers
Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 22-06-19
Valued Member

I don't know how much the seats change from the NP to the NS, but I love the amount of control on the electric drivers seat, the only thing I find with the NS seats is they were made too wide and not figure hugging like the gen2 seats.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 22-06-19
Valued Member

Yeah, the electric seats are great, except that when the electric motor stuffs up you canít move them forward or back Ė thus, the wife canít drive the vehicle as the seat is too far back. Iíve had a chap fix the motor before but he said it is a bugger of a thing Ė very flimsy and difficulty to work on. To get a new one, you have to buy a whole seat frame from MM and that costs more than the vehicle is worth !!

My previous vehicle was a GLS and I had no issues with the seats in it, hence I thought Iíd fix the problem once and for all and replace the seats with manual ones. $165 for a pair of GLS seats and around $1,800 to upholster them in leather Ė the old ones need reupholstering anyway, so as far as I can see, this is the best option.

Just about everyone Iíve spoken to said they canít see MM changing the floor pattern for the different type of seat, so I reckon I should be good to go.

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.