• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • on the road
    • Aug 2013
    • bateau bay

daytime running lights

ould somebody advise me how to remove a running light or at least check the electrical connection as they have gone out.do they screw out from front or gain access in wheel arch.thanks in advance the vicar
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The DFRs are LED type. Failure of them is unlikely. Your problem is probably more a fuse blown or a wire fallen off (if you have a bullbar), or a bad earth.

Comment

• on the road
      • Aug 2013
      • bateau bay

thank you

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by erad View Post
        The DFRs are LED type. Failure of them is unlikely. Your problem is probably more a fuse blown or a wire fallen off (if you have a bullbar), or a bad earth.
        I agree with this. Each DRL is an array of LEDs, so you're more likely to lose a single LED in the array than all of them at once.

I've just completed installation of a Mitsubishi genuine DRL retrofit kit into my NT's bull bar. The kit was designed for NW, to bolt into the factory bumper, so for much of the installation I had to do my own thing - but the original instructions detailed accessing of the lights through the wheel arch, which I expect would be the same in the NX. The wheel arch lining is held in place with clips - if yours are like mine, the centre is prised out first, then the body of the clip comes out.

My DRL kit came with a single driver module that detects ignition and parking lights, and drives both DRL modules accordingly. If that module loses power, both DRLs will not work. The retrofit kit draws power from the HVAC ventilation control motor, with its own in-line fuse under the dash - if my install blows that fuse, I'll lose my DRLs, and best of luck to anybody else trying to find that fuse! I would hope a factory original install finds power from somewhere better, with the only fuse being in the fuse box.

Each DRL module came with a label warning against connecting directly to 12V, as this will destroy the light. Don't pull out your DRL and hook it up straight to a battery. If you have a variable power supply you could try hooking it up to a low voltage, and gently ramping it up.

Good luck!
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• on the road
          • Aug 2013
          • bateau bay

thanks for that.found a wire connection had come off.got to connection point through wheel arch.regards the vicar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X