• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorwayne
    • Oct 2016
    • Auckland

2010 rear Air Con explained

Hi there,

I have 2010 NT and I can't make sense of the rear air con.

(Front A/C on)
    The rear fan works fine.
    The temp when set to cold comes out the roof vents only, set to medium comes out the roof vents cold only and when set to hot comes out the floor vents only.

Is this normal or should it come out of both all of the time and the temp control is for temp up or down? My temp seems to control the flow balance as well.

Cheers
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

100% normal.
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

Yep, normal. I think I read somewhere that it's done like that for fatigue management reasons. Hot air on your face makes you tired? Dunno, I just reckon it's for the "hot air rises" idea. I reckon the rear air con should just blow out of both top and bottom all the time though.
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X