• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russ1
    • Feb 2011
    • adelaide

radiator leak-warranty?

Had the challenger in at Alltrack 4x4 today for a pre trip check and they discovered the radiator is leaking at the top tank. Rang MM who will look at it next week re warranty claim or not (I dont expect them to replace it based on every other discussion about turbo leaks etc). Could this be linked to the cooling system recall where they replaced the radiator cap with a higher pressure unit? Anyone had a similar problem after the recall? cheers

Has anyone gone back to the original radiator cap after the recall?
    Last edited by russ1; 08-03-18, 01:18 PM.
  • cookie9
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by russ1 View Post
    Had the challenger in at Alltrack 4x4 today for a pre trip check and they discovered the radiator is leaking at the top tank. Rang MM who will look at it next week re warranty claim or not (I dont expect them to replace it based on every other discussion about turbo leaks etc). Could this be linked to the cooling system recall where they replaced the radiator cap with a higher pressure unit? Anyone had a similar problem after the recall? cheers

Has anyone gone back to the original radiator cap after the recall?
    I noticed a weep out of mine a year ago, spoke to MM about it, they told me straight up the recall and higher pressures would not cause any problems... They did a few tests told me its good as gold.. but unable to explain the green weep.. many excuses etc I gave up. Still got same radiator, just the occasional topup is required. Yep, I'm still running higher pressure cap, I should change it back to orginal if I remember to
    2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X