• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Originally posted by Stinky View Post
    Finally got around to installing the dual battery after fitting the DC/DC charger a few months ago. I've used a Power AGM N70 size 110AH for the aux. All lugs are hex crimped and double heat shrunk and colour coded. Looks pretty tidy I think. Happy to take on board suggestions for improvements. Compared to a mates' install that was done at a OL Dealer, mine is 10x better. The display for the Intervolt is up on the windscreen next to the rear view mirror. Apart from figuring out where I'll put the circuit breaker that is on the green battery, It's done. Next on the list is to fit up the MM4X4 Torque Converter Lock Up Kit I received last week.
    Cheers, Mike.

My OCD has kicked in here have you forgetten to heat shrink the + terminal cable on your main battery????
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• Stinky
      • Jul 2007
      • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by hinsch View Post
      My OCD has kicked in here have you forgetten to heat shrink the + terminal cable on your main battery????
      That my friend is stock Mitsubishi right there. I may have a look at it when I wire the winch up.
      Cheers, Mike.
      The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
      My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

Looks mint. Where did you source the +ve "two up" terminal?
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Stinky
          • Jul 2007
          • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
          Looks mint. Where did you source the +ve "two up" terminal?
          I use these blokes for a lot of my gear. https://www.autoelec.com.au/
          Cheers, Mike.
          My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

Cheers, Mike.
            Thanks for that. I've used them before, in fact I'm waiting for my PLB to arrive.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Stinky
              • Jul 2007
              • Gladstone, qld

Took the Paj and the new to us caravan away for the long week end. The van comes in at 1700kg and the car was empty except for fuel, 2 adults, 2 kids and the loaded fridge. Suspension worked great with the bags at approx. 45psi. The trans temps didn't get over 91deg. thanks to the MM4X4 lock up mate. sat it on 100-105 on the GPS. Fuel consumption averaged 14.5l/100k going by the trip computer. It usually sits around 8.5-9 lph. So the increase in fuel was acceptable. All in all pretty happy with the final setup. The only thing left on my list is to wire the winch up.
              Cheers, Mike.

Comment

• Stinky
                • Jul 2007
                • Gladstone, qld

Finally got off my arse and finished the winch install. Used a TJM winch isolator under the bonnet. Solenoid is mounted on vibration dampers on the front lower radiator support. Remote socket is discretely mounted in the grille. The winch itself is a 12k pound Kingone Mako that was in my 80 series. I had flooded the winch one to many times ans and the winch motor was seized. There's a bloke local to me who is involved in the winch business.http://www.redwinchqld.com.au
                So i upgraded the motor to one of his 6.8hp bow motors. The thing pulls like a train. Also fitted up 30m of synthetic rope. I'll never go back to steel cable. Very happy with the end result.
                Cheers, Mike.

Comment

• Stinky
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Gladstone, qld

Just returned from a 1800km return trip with the van hooked up. It's an older 18ft Jayco poptop with dual axles. The Paj went great. everything performed faultlessly. I sat on the posted speed limit, measured via GPS. Even sat it on 110kph where allowed. Trans temps never went higher than 97deg on the way up to Townsville and just nudged 102deg on the way back(pushing into a head wind most of the way back). TC lock up kit worked great. Fuel consumption averaged 14.3l/100k on the way up and 16.2l/100k on the way home(head wind).
                  Cheers, Mike.
                  Last edited by Stinky; 06-01-19, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• zoiks
                    • Apr 2016
                    • Brisbane

Finally got around to installing the dual battery after fitting the DC/DC charger a few months ago. I've used a Power AGM N70 size 110AH for the aux. All lugs are hex crimped and double heat shrunk and colour coded. Looks pretty tidy I think. Happy to take on board suggestions for improvements. Compared to a mates' install that was done at a OL Dealer, mine is 10x better. The display for the Intervolt is up on the windscreen next to the rear view mirror. Apart from figuring out where I'll put the circuit breaker that is on the green battery, It's done. Next on the list is to fit up the MM4X4 Torque Converter Lock Up Kit I received last week.

Cheers, Mike.

Where did you get your electrical bits and pieces from? Looks schmick.
                    Last edited by zoiks; 06-01-19, 02:40 PM. Reason: Scratch that... I assume autoelecau

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Post 34

Cheers, Mike.
                      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Stinky
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Gladstone, qld

Spent an hour or so today changing the setup on top of the aux. battery. I wasn't happy with the plate i used to hold the circuit breakers and fuse box, so I've added some nylon cutting board to it. The board is held by the battery clamp wing nuts and sill has the clamp and plate underneath. Gives me a lot more room for more c/breakers if needed and looks a bit neater as well.
                        Cheers, Mike.

Comment

• kblof
                          • Apr 2017
                          • Radelaide

great idea very neat
                          how many extra ones did you make
                          2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• Stinky
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Gladstone, qld

Ordered the exhaust on Friday and it turned up today(Monday). Unboxed it and was impressed with the quality of the system. Way bigger than the stock system when they were side by side on the floor. Had the stock exhaust off in about 20mins and another 10mins for the dump pipe. Fitted up he new dump pipe and tightened it up. Then I fitted the rest of the system and left it loose. Started at the front of the system, working my way to the back, making sure I had good clearances. Job done. Took about 3 hours from start to finish. Fitted up on the garage floor whilst only 20m away is my hoist. Not very clever but the state my shed is in, it would take me a day to clean it to get to the hoist.
                            Now for the results. Not much increase in volume over stock, which suits me. Major reduction in turbo lag. Way more responsive. And that turbo whistle, WOOT WOOT. Best of all no drone.
                            Now I need to start investigating ECU remaps. And an EGT gauge.
                            Cheers, Mike.
                            Get the best deal on quality 4WD exhausts that are built locally by experienced manufacturers using top-grade materials. Visit our online store for a high-quality outback exhaust.

Comment

• markc
                              • Oct 2007
                              • Brisbane Sth East

Now for the results. Not much increase in volume over stock, which suits me. Major reduction in turbo lag. Way more responsive. And that turbo whistle, WOOT WOOT. Best of all no drone.
                              Cheers, Mike.

Would love to hear how your fuel economy is impacted. I'm still piss@d my 2017 auto NX is 1.5~2 lt/100 worse than my manual NT. Same roads to work, same, time, same traffic with just a change from 2010 to 2017
                              I expected an auto to be 0.7ish worse than a manual, same sort of increase on highway too.

Comment

• Stinky
                                • Jul 2007
                                • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                Cheers, Mike.

Would love to hear how your fuel economy is impacted. I'm still piss@d my 2017 auto NX is 1.5~2 lt/100 worse than my manual NT. Same roads to work, same, time, same traffic with just a change from 2010 to 2017
                                I expected an auto to be 0.7ish worse than a manual, same sort of increase on highway too.
                                I don't worry too much about fuel economy. In saying that I was pretty impressed with it at Xmas with the Van on the back. Don't know what it averages around town. I know on a highway run it will average 9L/100k on the dash readout thingy. I am taking it away this weekend so I'll have a look then.
                                Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X