• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Falken Wildpeak A/T

Hi guys, thought I'd weigh in with the tyre debate. Needed some new tyres for my bus as the tread was getting down I on the Michelin LTX's. So bit of background.......I don't go 4wd much with my Paj, just everyday driving, bit of gravel road use and that's about it........so didn't need full on mud or top end all terrain tyres and also on a budget!!

After a fair bit of research and looking at prices I've been to Bob Janes today and had 5 of the Falken Wildpeak A/T 31x10.5 15 fitted........$165 a tyre fitted which is bloody brilliant!!!

First opinions are they are very quiet on bitumen at any speed, no hum or droning, feels planted on the road and around corners etc, and have I mentioned the price!!??

I'll keep you upto date with a bit of info as I go........that said I don't do high kms but will give an honest opinion. Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aussieintas; 15-12-14, 04:40 PM.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​
  • Rovingman
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2014
    • Blue mountains

15 inch tyres, they are throwing them out!!!
    well done though wish mine were that cheap.
    Pajero NT RX 2011
    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Bit of a small update on the new Wildpeaks......only done a few hundred kms but I'm very happy with them. Really quiet on tarmac, very good in the wet and feel pretty secure on gravel roads.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...