X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farcanal
    • Mar 2010

NX Oil Filter

On my old NP I used a Fleetguard oil filter part number LF3830. The genuine filter p/n is ME201871, but this one did not have a drain plug.
    My new NX uses a Mitsubishi oil filter part number 1230A154, still with no drain plug.
    I've been looking for a Fleetguard conversion table to see if the LF3830 is suitable for the 2018 NX but can't find anything anywhere. Hoping someone will know.
    I'm very curious as to why Mitsubishi would suddenly change their part number for a filter on the same (basic) engine.
    Just did my 1st oil and filter change yesterday and without a drain plug in the filter it's a pain in the arse.
    Also hoping my post makes sense.
  • wazznt
    • May 2015
    • Western Vic

Something like this ?

NT Exceed ,almost stock .

Comment

• Neville Sneath
      • Jan 2014
      • Newcastle

The new p/n comes out of Thailand factory

Comment

• farcanal
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by wazznt View Post
        Yeah, but I want a site where I can enter the Mitsi part number and get the equivalent Fleetguard number.
        I'm pretty sure it's still a LF3830, just want to make doubly sure.

Comment

• farcanal
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Neville Sneath View Post
          The new p/n comes out of Thailand factory
          So, do you think they simply changed the part number because the filter is made somewhere other than Japan?
          Apparently the new number is for 2017 and 2018 models.

Comment

• wazznt
            • May 2015
            • Western Vic

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
            Yeah, but I want a site where I can enter the Mitsi part number and get the equivalent Fleetguard number.
            I'm pretty sure it's still a LF3830, just want to make doubly sure.

Plenty of those cross reference sites about ,that site does it as well but says there is no data for your part number provided (this filter that is ,Mitsubishi oil filter part number 1230A154).
            Last edited by wazznt; 02-11-18, 05:09 PM.
            NT Exceed ,almost stock .

Comment

• outbackogre
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2010
              • Melbourne

For what it's worth, I'm still using LF3830's on my NW, which I think has the same diesel engine as an NX. Have always loved the drain plug, though I admit I've never investigated whether they perform as well as Ryco or others in terms of micron ratings.
              My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• farcanal
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by outbackogre View Post
                For what it's worth, I'm still using LF3830's on my NW, which I think has the same diesel engine as an NX. Have always loved the drain plug, though I admit I've never investigated whether they perform as well as Ryco or others in terms of micron ratings.
                Yes, I agree, the engine is basically the same so the oil filter should be the same.
                As someone has said previously, the part number could have changed simply because they are now made in Thailand.
                I've just changed oil and filter using the genuine 1230A154 filter, so I've got a bit of time to do some more research before I have to change again.

Comment

• sterling
                  • Apr 2013
                  • Victoria

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                  On my old NP I used a Fleetguard oil filter part number LF3830. The genuine filter p/n is ME201871, but this one did not have a drain plug.
                  My new NX uses a Mitsubishi oil filter part number 1230A154, still with no drain plug.
                  I've been looking for a Fleetguard conversion table to see if the LF3830 is suitable for the 2018 NX but can't find anything anywhere. Hoping someone will know.
                  I'm very curious as to why Mitsubishi would suddenly change their part number for a filter on the same (basic) engine.
                  Just did my 1st oil and filter change yesterday and without a drain plug in the filter it's a pain in the arse.
                  Also hoping my post makes sense.

Interchangeable with Ryco Z372
                  I have had two of these on my NW and no problems
                  $25 vs $60

Comment

• pharb
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Tyers,Vic

I use the LF3830on my '15 NX, my NJ, my 2 son's MLs, and my Dad's ML.

Just bought a few a few weeks ago from local truck part supplier for $18ea, but hopefully a bit of trade discount in there.

Only issue I can think of is a possible change of filter medium due to the potential for oil dilution in the later NX models with DPF.
                    PCOV Member 1107.
                    Daily driver NX GLX
                    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• farcanal
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by pharb View Post
                      I use the LF3830on my '15 NX, my NJ, my 2 son's MLs, and my Dad's ML.

Just bought a few a few weeks ago from local truck part supplier for $18ea, but hopefully a bit of trade discount in there.

Only issue I can think of is a possible change of filter medium due to the potential for oil dilution in the later NX models with DPF.
                      Thanks pharb, yes, this is my concern.
                      I would love to see clarification from Fleetguard themselves regarding LF3830 suitable for the latest Pajero with DPF.
                      Seems the part number change coincides with the fitting of the DPF on 2017 and 2018 models.

Comment

• aussieintas
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sorell, Tasmania

The NS models had DPF not the NT and NW but its the same filter for NS NT and NW.
                        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Sydney

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                          http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/MISU...nw-nx-2006-on/
                          Interchangeable with Ryco Z372
                          I have had two of these on my NW and no problems
                          $25 vs $60
                          I reckon you wouldn't know if you are having problems with the filter until it's too late anyway. Compression degrades as the fine particles which aren't being filtered slowly deprives you of power over 1-200000 km. But its all conjecture really as there isn't any easy way to test and by the time you see problems it could probably be attributed to other causes as well. In short you wouldn't know.

I think there was a post (possibly by Hill) discussing the results of lab testing of filters. The aftermarket ones didn't stack up against OEM IIRC.
                          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• farcanal
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                            I reckon you wouldn't know if you are having problems with the filter until it's too late anyway. Compression degrades as the fine particles which aren't being filtered slowly deprives you of power over 1-200000 km. But its all conjecture really as there isn't any easy way to test and by the time you see problems it could probably be attributed to other causes as well. In short you wouldn't know.

I think there was a post (possibly by Hill) discussing the results of lab testing of filters. The aftermarket ones didn't stack up against OEM IIRC.
                            Do you know if Fleetguard were included in those tests?
                            Fleetguard have been used in the mining industry for decades....you could not get a more severe environment than mining to test a filter.
                            Cummins is a name that comes to mind using Fleetguard.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Sydney

No can’t recall. Keep in mind I may very well be talking out of my Russel Coit. Had a quick search for the thread and can’t find anything.
                              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X