• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyExceed
    • May 2014
    • Hobart, Tas

condensation under RTT mattress

hey all

after a few recent camping trips with the new roof top tent, im getting a lot of condensation under the mattress in the mornings. so much so that if I don't pull the mattress out and air it out, it'll get mouldy no doubt.

has anyone solved this problem??
    Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by MyExceed View Post
    hey all

after a few recent camping trips with the new roof top tent, im getting a lot of condensation under the mattress in the mornings. so much so that if I don't pull the mattress out and air it out, it'll get mouldy no doubt.

has anyone solved this problem??
    EMP underlay may help (clark rubber sell an alternative, the name of which I cant recall atm). Its not cheap though, will cost you about $200 or so, depending on size. I have this fitted (clark rubber brand) in my camper. It's this reason I don't like PVC base swags.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

I used 2 layers of shadecloth and I don't get any condensation. I had bugger all in the first place but used the shadecloth to make sure.

You can also use the rubber clip together mats with holes in them (4 pack at kmart for about $15) and trim it to suit.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• MyExceed
        • May 2014
        • Hobart, Tas

thanks guys. I had thought of shade cloth, good to know itll work.

Ill give that a try over the long weekend
        Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by MyExceed View Post
          thanks guys. I had thought of shade cloth, good to know itll work.

Ill give that a try over the long weekend
          Shade cloth doesn't work under my swag. I must drink too much...Hic
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
            Shade cloth doesn't work under my swag. I must drink too much...Hic
            Are you sure its condensation and not urine?

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Nab View Post

haha...beat me to it...
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by Nab View Post

Yep. I have to get up multiple times to unload, so It aint urine.

My Journeys

Comment

• Georgie
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Secret Harbour WA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  Yep. I have to get up multiple times to unload, so It aint urine.
                  Hi Shane
                  Getting up two or three times is not uncommon it means your getting old or drinking to much before going to bed personally I cant see that you would be drinking too much so it must be the other problem also I take an empty two litre bottle in the swag with me it saves getting up in the night make sure you screw the lid back on tight or you really will have some condensation

Georgie
                  2015 Sahara
                  Black Mica in colour
                  BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Georgie View Post
                    Hi Shane
                    Getting up two or three times is not uncommon it means your getting old or drinking to much before going to bed personally I cant see that you would be drinking too much so it must be the other problem also I take an empty two litre bottle in the swag with me it saves getting up in the night make sure you screw the lid back on tight or you really will have some condensation

Georgie
                    A whole new meaning to a "hot water bottle", pointless taking the p1ss out of you guys as you have already done it to yourselves!

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X