• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whynot
    • Jan 2013
    • Brisbane

Nitto Terra Grappler 265 70 17

Any one have feedback on the Nitto Terra Grappler tyres. LTs made im Japan.
    Noise, wear, etc. Seam popular in th U.S. or does that say ot all?
    Prado 150 petrol.
    Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
    Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.
  • grhyso
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Perth

When I was looking for tyres I did consider them but from memory I either couldn't find any dealers close by, the prices were in my opinion high or they didn't supply to Aus in my size.

You are right they have a very big following in the US, maybe you can trial for the rest of us PajeroClub forumites?
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• whynot
      • Jan 2013
      • Brisbane

Getting new shoes next month and afriend suggested these tyres.He runs the muds and is happy with them. Found a few supliers in Brisvegas ( one being a friend ) although not a lot of stock held in brisbane. If I do get them I will give the feedback. Hoping I wasn't the first guinea pig.
      Prado 150 petrol.
      Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
      Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.

Comment

• SMV
        • May 2014
        • Western Australia

Terra grapplers

I am currently running them on my 05 DiD pajero. 265/70 R16

Have done 30000kms on them so far and they are wearing quite well. Happy with them onroad wet and dry not too noisy and have been great on the beach and trails. If I get good KMS out of the tyres I'd buy them again.

Comment

• Paj man
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Perth

If I didn't find cheap duratrac's, I would've gone for the Nitto's. Seem to tick all the boxes.
          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• Crouchy
            • Mar 2015
            • Warrnambool

Subscribed

Hi all,

I too am keen to hear your opinions and experiences with these tyres. I have just picked up a new (to us) 2012 NW Platinum, stock standard with these Terra Grappler A/T's fitted.

The tyres have only been fitted for a couple of thousand km's, and we have only driven a few hundred km's on them so far, including one trip to the Grampians where we did some of the easier tracks which, for the majority of the time, were just dry dirt and rocky roads with a few sandy sections and small creek crossings.

The car is new (to us), so I really can't provide a great review due to a lack of comparisons. On road they do not seem noisy at all, and I've been impressed with them in the wet and dry.

Time will tell as to how they wear and, as I get the car prepped up and start doing more technical tracks, how they handle varying terrains.

Dave
            2012 NW Platinum Edition: Graphite, 5sp Manual. EGR blank. 2" Bilstein/Lovell suspension lift. Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's. Uniden UH5060. Waeco CFX50. Kings Awning.
            Planned Mods: Underbody protection. Driving lights.
            Next: ARB Deluxe bar with Runva 11XP winch
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT...0G8TsbaysZx5tQ

Comment

• WEBTM
              • Apr 2015
              • Newcastle NSW

Any more feedback on Nitto tyres?.

We are tossing up between these an MT ATZ P3

I had the old ATZ on my Nav and they were fantastic, but a bit noisy

As this set is on the family car I am after good wet weather performance and low noise

Cheers Trent

Comment

• Paj man
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Perth

If you want low noise I'd be going the nitto's, the mickey's have a bit of a clap to them.
                1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• TDB007
                  • Sep 2009
                  • SE Qld

I've done about 2000 km on Terra Grapplers in the last 3 weeks. Mainly highway work, some dirt track and a bit of beach. They seem good, but I need more time for a more complete idea of how they'll go. They are very quiet compared to the BFG A/Ts they replaced.

And they were half the price of BFGs at Bob Jane.
                  NT Di-D GLS, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, OME Suspension, Nitto Terra Grapplers, some other stuff, and a Cub Brumby out the back.

Comment

• jbnp
                    • Jun 2015
                    • Bargara

I have them in the 265/75/r16 on an 06np. I've had them for about 10 months now and they seem to be wearing quite well after bout 20000 km. They are very quiet, way quieter than the bfg ats I had on before although they were fairly worn so its apples and oranges I guess.
                    But so far the only regret is that I didn't go 285/75/r16 . They looked massive compared to the 265/70/r16s when I got them but now they look small again haha.
                    Np Glx. 2" lovells lift, 265/75r16 Nitto Terra Grappler, DP Chip, power window mod, light bar, rhino racks, awning, k&n filter, polyairs, smf heavy duty clutch, boos bash plates.

Comment

• bennyb29
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Brisbane

Any further reviews on the Nittos?
                      These are available at Bob Janes and i remember the price being attractive too.
                      Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• kblof
                        • Apr 2017
                        • Radelaide

Hi
                        Just bought 4 for the price of 3 @bob jane - LT 265/70/17 they are so quiet compared to the Bridgestones I had on. The money I saved I put into some new rims.
                        Attached Files
                        2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X