• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McChicken
    • Oct 2011
    • Camden NSW

Disconnecting Window Motor

Hi,

My rear power window motor keeps seizing. I want to disassemble and see if i can repair (i think the stator may have corrosion on it - as a gentle tap from a hammer gets it working again for a few days).

I would like to know if i can disconnect the motor from the cables or does the motor and guide/track have to come out as a complete unit as shown in the attached image?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Formally: (Before it cracked a head AGAIN )
    1996 NK LWB 2.8 TDi GLX
    With: Bull Bar, Disabled Super Select, Winch, 2.5" Straight through Exhaust, 31x10.5x15 Maxxis Bravos, UHF, Lightforce 240 Blitz
  • usrichards
    • Jul 2011
    • Port Stephens NSW

Hi McChicken

It comes out as one, but not that difficult.

Lets know if you need detailed instructions, have done all four of mine

Al
    1 owner all original. Added Bushranger Nighthawk lights, Hi-lift Jack, TX3500UHF, Recovery Gear, Dual battery (self installed), Waeco 40l, 4 drw rear storage (self made) Rhino Racks, Safari Snorkel (self installed), side Awning, Cruise Control, Acer Tablet running Oziexplorer itopo maps, 1"Body Lift, 31"x10.5"x15" Toyo A/T Tyres and loving it.
    Wish List..., maybe suspension lift one day.

If you dont know where you are going, You will never get there !!!

Comment

• McChicken
      • Oct 2011
      • Camden NSW

Hi Al,

Thanks for the info. I should be right to remove, was just hoping that i didn't have to remove the entire assembly.

Thanks,
      Dean
      Formally: (Before it cracked a head AGAIN )
      1996 NK LWB 2.8 TDi GLX
      With: Bull Bar, Disabled Super Select, Winch, 2.5" Straight through Exhaust, 31x10.5x15 Maxxis Bravos, UHF, Lightforce 240 Blitz

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X