Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 01-03-19
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Say for 4 days we film 1hr ( there are multiple short clips ) in the movie editor we compile 10 second seens of different locations .. editing in the preferred song .. fading and cross fading... well one could easily put 1hr of filming and lay over music .. but we found not many people would sit down to watch it all ...

Gotcha. I read your comment literally : 3 mins of recorded vid took 2 hours to edit. - meaning 3 minutes of upload, not final product. Yep, editing takes time for sure. One day I need to find an editor where I can do picture in picture for when I run multiple camera's.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 01-03-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Excellent stuff as always.

Do you have a preferred Geocaching app, I'd like to get the kids involved on our next trip.
I'm an android person, so for me C:Geo it is.

That said, my primary tool is a handheld GPS rather than my tab or phone. With C:Geo, I can save caches in an area for offline use. I can export that file to .gpx and I then upload that file to both the Oregon 700 handheld and my incar navigation tablet running ozi explorer android. Drive close by with the waypoints now showing on ozi in car, then jump out and grab the handheld for the final approach to ground zero.

Mate, give it a go. Its easy to do, its free (most caches anyway), it will take you to some amazing places and the kids will have a ball - for now anyway. The interest from mine has waned a little in regards to caches.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 01-03-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Geocaching is a great way to get older kids and especially teenagers out of the city, so they get the benefits of exploring and discovering the natural environment and history. It seems most kids get withdrawal symptoms if they do not have a device with a screen on it in their hand so give them a GPS, UHF, hat, backpack food water, good pair of shoes and sunscreen, and let them lose after some training.

Well done Shane for managing to get your daughter to share your travels, she will benefit from the skills she learns and the real life experiences.

OJ.
Thanks OJ. I agree, anything that gets kids out of their screens and into the open air doing activities is the best thing for them. I had to laugh in part II when charlie 4 gets to the top of the Dave Evans tree (where I pretty well bump my head - shit, that hurt) and he turns to his phone and says "I think I'll go live on instagram now" haha - bloody kids......

NX build

My Journeys