Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 16-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggypol View Post
Hi mate
I have done this in captiva and pajero successfully and this is how:
Take dpf out and find someone or some business that can put it in a oven at 500 -600celsius for an hour. Then using compressed air blow as much ash out as possible.
It can be finished with hose or pressure wash using water ( need good drying after)
Work for me as this unitsvare made for lifespan of a car only problem is ash that fill unit beyond regeneration.
PS.new unit in UK or USA is around 500-600$

Regards

Ziggy
It gets to 650 odd on the vechile at which time it’s cleaning itself.

Last edited by Stoneman; 16-02-19 at 09:17 PM.
Old 16-02-19
Valued Member

Donít be fooled people by a gimmick sales pitch

$500 bucks to heat something up and blow it out, thatís a gold mine
Old 17-02-19
Valued Member

it seems really crazy to me that an item that is supposed to prevent pollution of particles into our atmosphere just burns them up and spits them out the back when its full/blocked..... and even crazier that something wsa put onto a vehicle that has no ability to be cleaned effectively if thats not the case..... especially with the price of new ones

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 19-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumagoo View Post
it seems really crazy to me that an item that is supposed to prevent pollution of particles into our atmosphere just burns them up and spits them out the back when its full/blocked..... and even crazier that something wsa put onto a vehicle that has no ability to be cleaned effectively if thats not the case..... especially with the price of new ones
Climate change
Old 19-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumagoo View Post
When they burn in the dpf they are supose to complete combustion and turn into CO2+H2O, however there are concerns because if its not done correctly maybe they are emitting even smaller particles of soot that cannot be measured and with concecuenses that are not understood.

You can just clean the filter with water, its just soot and ash of not complete burning that is inside.
2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
Old 20-02-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
They are, hence why they can last years if the system (sensors etc) is working properly

You can use brick cleaner and a pressure washer.

I did it with my cat a couple of years ago now
Hi Stoneman
I was wondering was the cat walking a bit sideways afterwards.
I gave my cat a go after reading your advice and it has not spoken to me since��
Sorry mate just my silly sense of humour
2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Last edited by ilikeachallenge; 20-02-19 at 12:17 PM.