• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Konfused Pete
    • Sep 2016
    • Brisbane

import rear discs photo required

Hi All,

I am (slowly) retorfitting JDM/import rear discs to my Australian car. Could someone please take a photo of how the parking-brake cable attaches to the caliper. In particular there is supposed to be a little retaining clip which holds the inner cable to the moving arm. I'm missing that clip and want to see how it looks/works so i can manufacture something.

Cheers
  • Dongskie2
    • Dec 2016
    • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by Konfused Pete View Post
    Hi All,

I am (slowly) retorfitting JDM/import rear discs to my Australian car. Could someone please take a photo of how the parking-brake cable attaches to the caliper. In particular there is supposed to be a little retaining clip which holds the inner cable to the moving arm. I'm missing that clip and want to see how it looks/works so i can manufacture something.

Cheers
    Most Pajeros have a drum-in-disc and shoes as a parking brake, the calipers dont engage with the parking brakes and the parking brakes dont engage with the brake pedals.

Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

• Konfused Pete
      • Sep 2016
      • Brisbane

Newer ones, yes. Gen 1, no. The Gen 1 JDM disc rear uses the service brake as the parking brake. the cable pulls the caliper using a lever.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X