Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 01-03-10

Send a message via MSN to Das
Default Bike Carrier

Hey,

Well back from my Red Center trip 7000km in total and the pajero did'nt miss a beat in the 40 Deg+ weather and i was so impressed I brought a 07 GLS Triton for work which I will fully kit up over time but enough of that I am wondering if any body has had experience with bike carriers. I am looking to purchase the Rhino 4/5 bike carrier but with the weird bar setup on the bikes (none of the bars at right angles these days) I am concerned i would not be able to attach the bikes.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Das.
Old 02-03-10

biggest issue i have had its the diameter of the top tube on most bikes these days,

i ride a giant xtc2 and it wont fit in my bike carrier do to its oversized tubing, the bar on funny angles just make one wheel sit higher than the other in most casses, or u can buy a attachment that goes from the stem to the seat pole that makes the bar a normal diameter and at a better angle