• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chriscamp
    • Jun 2018
    • Canberrs

Taking off the butterfly ?

I have read some where that taking off the egr and the butterfly helps. But the question is does it and why? I know the egr is not a bad idea to delete. But why the butterfly
  • Muzza
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Nsw

Originally posted by Chriscamp View Post
    I have read some where that taking off the egr and the butterfly helps. But the question is does it and why? I know the egr is not a bad idea to delete. But why the butterfly
    The EGR works differently on the NP series, and blocking the EGR will not log a fault code, the butterfly plate is there to provide a quicker shutdown, leave it as is
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Chriscamp
      • Jun 2018
      • Canberrs

Thanks mate... i will just block off the egr i have a 2002 nm 3.2 did so it should be all good. I thought it was a strange one to take out the butterfly. Just thought might be good to ask.

Comment

• Muzza
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Nsw

Originally posted by Chriscamp View Post
        Thanks mate... i will just block off the egr i have a 2002 nm 3.2 did so it should be all good. I thought it was a strange one to take out the butterfly. Just thought might be good to ask.
        I owned a NP for 190000k the EGR was blocked for 180000 of that never a problem
        Muzza
        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• psproule
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Googong, NSW

If you remove the butterfly it will throw a code. It is actually designed to force the motor to draw gas from the EGR, as well as closing during shutdown. Been there done that...
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X