• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Smartbar info

No secret that I am a fan (and a critic) of Smartbars, and have an informal non commercial relationship with them, so here is the latest information about the new Pajero Sport Smartbar. I think that under ARB's ownership we will see some interesting developments in both bars and fuel tanks.

I particularly like the side view but I am surprise at how heavy they are getting, I reckon an alloy over the bumper bar would be lighter. When fitted with a winch front suspension would definitely need to be upgraded,

cheers, OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
  • BROOMZPAJ
    • Mar 2010
    • Geelong

Thanks for the update OJ.

I actually really like the look of this SB.

Not normally a fan but I reckon they've done a good job with this one.

Any idea of pricing?
    2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
    Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Agree with broom, first one I've seen that actually looks good!!!!
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• barney351
        • Nov 2011
        • Sth East,Vic

+1, very well matched to the car.

Comment

• MyExceed
          • May 2014
          • Hobart, Tas

+2, I'd buy that
          Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• Paj People 2009
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Looks great - much better than that original chrome front piece IMO!

Cheers,
            Sally
            SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• cookie monster
              • Sep 2007
              • Adelaide

The below is from Smartbar when they sent me the info yesterday. Bars should be available from next week, when the last of the parts come in.

"As far as the pricing is concerned the non winch retail price is $2150 and $2475 for the winch version. Both include a secondary set of DRL lights in the bar as per the images however there is some discussion on making these optional and thus making the RRP lower but that is something you can discuss with the distributor. You can purchase these at any ARB 4x4 store (we are owned by ARB) or there are other distributors around Adelaide if depending on your location."

I like the look of it and would be good to see it on different coloured cars.

Cheers Cookie
              2015 Pajero Sport GLS, White, Factory Snorkel, ProRack HD Roofrails & James Baroud Espace Evo RTT, ARB Awning, Custom Aluminium Drawer System, 65L Waeco, GME TX3500, Bridgestone Dueller LT's, Donaldson Pre Fuel Filter, ARB Compressor, King KCRR-23 rear springs & Pedders 5899 Cone Springs.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Does the quoted price include installation?

cheers, OJ.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• cookie monster
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Adelaide

No, that's just the RRP pricing.
                  2015 Pajero Sport GLS, White, Factory Snorkel, ProRack HD Roofrails & James Baroud Espace Evo RTT, ARB Awning, Custom Aluminium Drawer System, 65L Waeco, GME TX3500, Bridgestone Dueller LT's, Donaldson Pre Fuel Filter, ARB Compressor, King KCRR-23 rear springs & Pedders 5899 Cone Springs.

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

I agree the Triton & PS bars look quite good - probably their best effort yet.

I'd shop around a bit for the fitted price - I got a quote from a different business at our recent Caravan Show for a Smart Bar fitted to a BT50 - about $120 more than the figure shown above, but unsure if the bar's RRP is similar.
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Did the melbourne caravan and camping show yesterday, they were giving 10% off all Smartbars at the show. Good value

Comment

• greig
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • kanwal

Whether you like the look or not ( I don't )......I can't see the point of a bar that doesn't integrate into the front end of a 4wd ??

People will say why would you want to cut up the front plastic bumper, but I would say why not....the bar is going to be there for the life of the 4wd, so why not integrate a bullbar into the front end of the 4wd so it looks like it could have come from the factory like that.....as opposed to a bar that looks tacked on ??

The smart bar certainly looks a bit better than other attempts, but could still have been better !!

Comment

• fester
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Gympie Qld

Yeah MM would have been better off doing a deal with Smartbar and offering that as their factory option. Not my thing either but a damn sight better than their dismal attempt.

Comment

• SenojNW
                            • Feb 2016
                            • Perth

When I contacted them about it they said they are planning to add a sensor kit in the coming months so a bar can be fitted to an Exceed too. As far as I know MMA don't provide this option.

Comment

• ticky
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2015
                              • Adelaide

Theyare a funny thing, the smart bar. People seem to like em or hate em..

Personally, I think they are the best looking bar I have seen on an NT. I would have one in a minute if the cash was available.

Steve
                              2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X