Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 14-11-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
I think the confusion originates from dual cab utes which are advertised as a 1 ton payload and people do not understand that your 1 ton payload includes all passengers and gear in the cabin and not just in the ute tub.
Further confusion when the 1 ton ute can tow 3500kgs, people do not realise that the towball weight is also counted as payload.

OJ.
Yeah but I've been told I need to count passengers who "ARE NOT IN THE CAR" I'm being told I need to account for how many people the car is licensed to seat and that I must allocate 79kg each for them regardless of if they are in the car or not and that this number comes off of my payload.

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:
Old 14-11-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
Yeah but I've been told I need to count passengers who "ARE NOT IN THE CAR" I'm being told I need to account for how many people the car is licensed to seat and that I must allocate 79kg each for them regardless of if they are in the car or not and that this number comes off of my payload.
You are being told the wrong information!

Here is a detailed explanation;
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-adv...-figures-37482

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.

Last edited by old Jack; 14-11-17 at 04:44 PM.
Old 14-11-17
Valued Member

So many questions:
Were do they get 79Kg from
Why isn't it 80Kg, that would make it easy to add up at least
Who in the world weighs in at 79Kg when holding luggage for a day or two
What happens if it's raining, does the weight of each potential person increase due to them potentially having wet hair and weighing more.

Silly rule IMO

Last edited by dhula; 14-11-17 at 09:19 PM.
Old 15-11-17

Get them to split the suspension bill 5 ways, they must charge each passenger a fifth of the bill, regardless if they exist or not...
White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.