• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gusmck
    • Feb 2019
    • Swan Hill

Old Engel 12v problems

Hi everyone,

I have an Engel which I would guess would be 30 years old. Model number is MRFT-530A-A4.

It had been running fine until it stopped working under 12v power. I tried it on 240v and it worked straight away. Then switched back to 12v and it worked for about half a day (as if the 240v had reset something in some way) and then stopped again. When it is plugged in to 12v and I switch the thermostat on I can hear a faint whining as if something is trying to run but it is definitely not the compressor running as it should be. Any ideas?
  • Travel Tragic
    • Nov 2017
    • Central Coast NSW

Engel Frige

Hi, from memory old Engels have a 40v compressor with one circuit to jump the 12v to 40v and another to do the job the other way, also some where in there is a conversion from Ac to Dc. My memory is it a bit fuzzy but I think we used to change the running voltage from 12 to 240 volt and back multiple times and relay or something similar will start to work properly. Again my memory of this is fuzzy but it won't hurt to try. John
    2017 NX Second Battery, Redarc DcDc Charger, Factory towbar, Redarc Brake Contoller. Otherwise standard

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

This may help.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X