• Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Why the NT

Why the NT Pajero!

The NT pajero was officially released on Boxing Day last year and although it was a low key affair the NT has quite a few significant changes over the previous NS model. To the casual observer you will be hard pressed to spot the difference cosmetically between the NT and the previous model. You might notice the extra strip of chrome on the grille of some models or the new 17” 7 spoke wheels but that’s pretty much it. Although it might have missed out on a few extra changes outside it has certainly made up for it under the bonnet. Mitsubishi really had to pull a rabbit out of it’s hat with it’s oil burner 3.2. Introduced in the NM model the 3.2 really is a good reliable diesel engine but it was being left behind by todays technology and the more so strict Euro 5 emission standards introduced this year. But obviously they have had a good look at this motor for the NT and have really done a make over on it for the new model. And believe me it’s got some serious get up and go for a deisel motor. No less than six changes including a larger turbo have given this motor a new lease of life. Figures that are quoted are 147kw @ 3800 rpm and 441nm @ 2000 rpm. And thats enough to put it in front of it’s rival the Prado in the power and torque stakes. But Mitsubishi didn’t stop there, they mated it to a new (Aisin) five speed auto with revised gear ratios. Throw in an all new flow through DPF for the autos and that basically completes the mechanical side of the NT. Other additions were really to address the diesel clatter that people have complained about over the years. It is significantly quieter but you still know it’s a deisel under the bonnet. The NT also has a revised towing capacity! They have upped the towing capacity for the NT to 3000 kg but reduced the hitch mass to 180kg. Up to 2500 kg you can still have 250 kg on the towball.
    My test drive was a VRX and although it didn’t really drive any different to the NS you certainly did notice the difference in the power stakes. Put your boot into it and it all happens. The other vital change for those who go offroad is the VRX and the Exceed deisels have a diff lock as standard equipment.
    So if you tow and thinking of upgrading, have a look at the NT deisel and take one for a drive. You might very well be pleasantly surprised at how well they go.

Dave Howard
    Technical Officer
    Pajero Club of Vic
    Last edited by Pickle; 13-06-09, 09:56 AM. Reason: Reproduced by kind permission Pajero 4wd Club of Vic
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • dabela1972
    • May 2009
    • Taylors Hill Victoria

Sounds great, can't wait to pick up my new NT GLS in about 8weeks.

Dave
    Factory:
    Rear Diff Lock / Tow Bar

After Market:
    ARB Deluxe Bull Bar / Old Man Emu Springs and Shocks / ARB Fridge Freezer / ARB Portable Compressor / ARB Dual Battery Sytem / BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A 275/65/17 Warn Winch 9000lbs / UHF CB / Clarion HD TV, DVD, Reversing Camera, Bluetooth, Sat Nav with Rear Screens / Kingd Awning / Kings Tradies Rack / Kings Led Light Bar

DIY Camper Trailer

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

why

chicks dig NT's
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• paulisok
        • Oct 2009
        • Brisbane North Side

NT TD GLX Pick Up

Hi,
        Get my GLX this week so look forward to letting you all know about it and using the forum to help me set mine up.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
        They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• Avan1950
          • Jan 2010
          • Canberra

New rx

I am picking up a new RX diesel auto Pajero next week, my first 4x4 to be used for towing a 2200kg caravan. Preparing to join the Grey Nomads. Can't wait

Comment

• Outbackmack
            • Feb 2010

Thanks for the update, Picked the Pajero over the Prado because of the extra power and great value for money. Whatsmore the electronics are mature so should be more reliable where it counds, the Prado has heaps of new bits and pieces, am feeling a bit aprehensive as I have always been a Toyota 4x4 driver, thanks for the forum, it has given me heaps of research info, well done, I know its off this topic, but have you any idea what the black box is on the chassis rail on an NT which gets in the way of fitting a bullbar

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Why the NT???

Because it is the best value, stylish, torquey, tow vehicle and 4 x 4, that is on the market!

GO GET ONE!!

And chicks DO dig the NT!!
              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Dazza.
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Northern Territory

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
                And chicks DO dig the NT!!
                Hey Sal, I've got an NT, same colour as yours actually... so... what's your number??
                COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hiya Dazza,

LOL.......shame, I always wanted to visit the NT! Hubby wouldn't be too happy though!!

PS Cool silver rules!

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• de-va-jew
                    • Sep 2010
                    • Gold Coast

Hey thanks heaps for that info... (from the 1st post by Pickle I mean)

I only just joined this forum. One reason was to ask about the differences between the NP and the NT etc. I am working overseas now, until mid-next year. When I get back to Oz I want/plan/hope to buy a Pajero.

I'd be looking at a recent model second hand auto diesel hence my interest in the models from 2008 and on. I'm hoping that info from this site will help me psyche up & become familiar with the various options.

By the information you provided, it looks like the NT would be a better option that the model before it.

Intended use would be as the main 'family wagon' for general purpose plus the occasional trip to Fraser & 'off-road' locations for recreational camping, fishing etc.

I s'pose the end-choice depends on budget.

Would anyone happen to know the average cost of comprehensive insurance for a 2009 NT?

Comment

• jasper361
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Eatons Hill

Originally posted by de-va-jew View Post
                      Hey thanks heaps for that info... (from the 1st post by Pickle I mean)

I only just joined this forum. One reason was to ask about the differences between the NP and the NT etc. I am working overseas now, until mid-next year. When I get back to Oz I want/plan/hope to buy a Pajero.

I'd be looking at a recent model second hand auto diesel hence my interest in the models from 2008 and on. I'm hoping that info from this site will help me psyche up & become familiar with the various options.

By the information you provided, it looks like the NT would be a better option that the model before it.

Intended use would be as the main 'family wagon' for general purpose plus the occasional trip to Fraser & 'off-road' locations for recreational camping, fishing etc.

I s'pose the end-choice depends on budget.

Would anyone happen to know the average cost of comprehensive insurance for a 2009 NT?
                      Hi Mate,

I just paid $625 with AAMI on my 2008 NT DiD exceed demo which I picked up 2 weeks ago for 59K with 22,000km on it. I hope that gives you an idea.

Cheers,
                      Scott
                      2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
                      MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
                      Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• de-va-jew
                        • Sep 2010
                        • Gold Coast

Thanks Scott,

Yep, that answered it.

The insurance cost is quite reasonable given the value of the vehicle.
                        I thought it'd be more than that.

Cheers

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

Comprehensive insurance is around the $700 mark. Not too bad for the value of the vehicle.

You can't go wrong with the NT Pajero. As everyone has said on this forum, drives like a car, tows well, is great value and has the best warranty.

Good luck with your purchase!

Cheers

Comment

• AJC
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • ACT

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
                            why

chicks dig NT's
                            Do you have an x rated Avatar to show us as well?
                            Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Because it's a better looking/driving/value, etc, etc vehicle, than the P@@@o!

Wonder if I'll get a bite!!

Ha Ha!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X