• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Beltana, Sliding Rock Copper Mine.

I just saw a small segment on The Great Outdoors, about Beltana and Sliding Rock in the Flinders Rangers SA

It was a Mountain Bike Tour and did not feature 4WDs at all, but it sure brought some wonderful memories to the surface very quickly.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Love the history attached to Beltana. Thomas Elder and all those early day explorers that got his camels and started exploring the inland continent from there.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

I was fortunate enough to be invited up there with a group of guys from this forum last June long weekend. My Pajero is stock and my experience level is limited but the boys helped me through. It was the most technical 4WDing I have done and I there was only one spot that I had to go one side of a Gum tree while everybody else went the other. I simply didnt have the required clearance.

Some of the tracks I had to drive on the centre and one shoulder to gain a bit of extra clearance as well, but the scenery was well worth the visit.

While I am inexperienced, the experience I have has been gained with these blokes. I feel I could not have had better teachers in the art of 4WDing than this group.

We actually camped at Sliding Rock and the pictures are thanks to a very good mate of mine who came with me on this trip. I realise the correct thing to do would be to shut up about that and take full credit for the photography myself, but my conscience would only get the better of me and as I said, he is a good mate.

Steve
      Attached Files
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
        I realise the correct thing to do would be to shut up about that and take full credit for the photography myself, but my conscience would only get the better of me and as I said, he is a good mate.

Steve
        And we can see you in some of the photos.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ticky
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          And we can see you in some of the photos.
          Yeah, that too.

Comment

• Herman4x4
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Melton, Victoria

Beltana is an awesome spot. Stayed out there last September for a few days and did a coupe of their 4wd tracks. Loved the one out to Lake Torens. The tracks were meant to have dried out a bit, but is was fun and muddy.
            Beltana is now on the market.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
            Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X