And pricing for the Outlander

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Bing
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Currently QLD

I wonder if the ACC and FCM will migrate up to the Pajero?

Sounds marvelous but my foot will be close to the brake pedal regardless.

2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Originally posted by Bing View Post
        I wonder if the ACC and FCM will migrate up to the Pajero?
        Tipping it will !
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pearcie
          BushSkinz 4x4
          • Nov 2007
          • Wattagans

Give it 12 months and you would be able to get a DiD aspire with the premium pack for about $45g drive away, I recon that would be very good value!!! Will have to check it out in a few years when the mrs car needs replacing again

Adaptive cruise control even in the city.... Don't think I have enough faith in technology to use it in the city.

Cheers,
          Kieron
          2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
          Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• Darwiniandude
            Valued Member
            • May 2008
            • Adelaide

I want to test the FCM with a wall. I know this isn't a good idea, but it is fascinating.
            Adelaide
            2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Well got the chance today to get up close and personal to the new KJ MY 2013 Outlander. They are really a fantastic looking machine and very impressed with the features on the vehicle. Various models in stock now but focused on the Aspire Premium 2.2 diesel auto ($50,990) model. Some great new innovative technology on this one with 7 airbags (across the range), Forward Collision Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control and Eco drive assist function. Best of all was the new MMCS V2 which to me blitzes the older Kenwood jobs. If your seriously looking at a mid size AWD check out the new Outlander. Not a bad job done Mitubishi on that one

Many thanks to Alan Mance Mitsubishi (Footscray) for letting me crawl all over their vehicles.

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Quadcam
                • May 2008
                • Brisbane

That chocolate colour looks ghastly. What has happened to the HID headlights? Are they no longer available on any model?
                ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Originally posted by Quadcam View Post
                  That chocolate colour looks ghastly. What has happened to the HID headlights? Are they no longer available on any model?
                  HID on the Aspire . Has the adjustment to the right of the dash.
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Quadcam
                    • May 2008
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                    HID on the Aspire . Has the adjustment to the right of the dash.
                    Dave
                    Are you sure? I thought in Australia HID lights require auto leveling (like in Pajero and ZH Outlander) and that pic appears to be a manual level control. That appears to be the black car which looks to have conventional reflector headlights. Looking on the Aust Mitsubishi site there is no mention of HID lights and while looking at the specs I realised there is also no S-AWC as in the just superseded v6 models.

It seems like there is room for further options as the Mitsubishi corporate worldwide website shows S-AWC and HID's available in other markets. I would also imagine there is room for the v6 at some point for the DDD (Don't Do Diesel) market who like something more than a 4 cylinder engine.
                    ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

I think your right Quadcam, no mention of HID on any. Only Dusk Sensing.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• j3st3r
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • Mildura

I like the front on the old model more, this one looks disgustingly like a Ford Territory

Last edited by j3st3r; 22-11-12, 09:07 AM.
                        PB MY12 LS Challenger, Auto, White.
                        Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

• AJC
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • ACT

Uh oh, Mits definately got the ugly stick out with that one!

They did something interesting with the NM Paj - that lasted through the NP, then Land River did the Disco 3 and Mits reverted to type...conservative n dull n me too!

The Japanese and Germans can engineer and build a car well but the Italians, French and Poms can design one! Not sure the Yanks can do either (well, not since the 50's and 60's).
                          Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• EXTNIX
                            • Oct 2011
                            • Epping, Melbounre

I was today at the Launch of new Outlander at Preston Motors in Epping and New Outlander does look very nice. Good build quality and looks Fresh.
                            Also have nice BUM too. (looks quite different from Territory in real flesh)

There were few let downs however:

1) The Aspire model DiD($50,190 DA) on the Launch does not have HIDs.

2) No 2nd and 3rd row AirCon Vents in the $50K SUV, beats me.

3) I simply can not justify the $48K-$50K Price tag for Aspire, which is the only Model which comes with
                            • Forward collision mitigation
                            • Radar cruise control

Way too Much $$$$. ($50,190 DA for DID).

Last edited by EXTNIX; 22-11-12, 10:42 PM.
                            Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
                            a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
                            b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
                            c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

• jasper361
                              • Sep 2010
                              • Eatons Hill

I too went in to look at the Aspire only to be told to get Satnav I needed the option pack for an extra $5K, that's nearly 55K all up. Might as well pay a littlle extra for a Paj !
                              I think MM shot themselves in the foot pricing wise, as there a so many SUV's on the market with great features for alot less!
                              2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
                              MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
                              Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X