• Show
Clear All
  • geoff&vi
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Brisbane

Diff lock wiring diagram

Hi all,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the genuine rear diff lock. I have an idea that i can interrupt the circuit and run it through the Air locker switch, so-as i can engage it and keep the TC active on the front axle.

cheers
    Geoff
    GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
    NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning
  • RJOther
    • Apr 2009
    • Vermont South, Vic

Diagrams attached.
    Attached Files
    2009 NT DiD Exceed, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lightforce Genesis HIDs, iCom IC-400pro, Milford Cargo Barrier, TJM Battery Tray & DBS, ARB Fridge,
    P3 Brake Controller, D697 LT265/60R18, Lovells HD 50mm lift, Bilsteins.

Comment

• HSV Rangie
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Hastings

Originally posted by geoff&vi View Post
      Hi all,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the genuine rear diff lock. I have an idea that i can interrupt the circuit and run it through the Air locker switch, so-as i can engage it and keep the TC active on the front axle.

cheers
      Geoff
      Geoff,

If you can achieve this will be most interested.

The idea of turning off the traction control when DL is engaged not one of Mits smartest ideas.

Michael.
      2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• Quadcam
        • May 2008
        • Brisbane

You also need the ATSC wiring diagram as that is the control unit you need to inhibit from detecting the diff lock activation.
        ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• geoff&vi
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • Brisbane

I was thinking of interrupting the power source of the motor and re-routing via constant 12v through my airlocker switch.

cheers
          Geoff
          NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• Quadcam
            • May 2008
            • Brisbane

In that case I would expect you will also need to bypass the lock detection switch. Those diagrams are different to the NS but I think the NT functionality would not be less than an NS which starts flashing errors if the diff is locked without a corresponding request input.

Comment

• geoff&vi
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2009
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by RJOther View Post
              Diagrams attached.
              Thanks for the attachments.

cheers
              Geoff

Comment

• Quadcam
                • May 2008
                • Brisbane

Disclamer !!! Anybody choosing to do the following agrees to accept any and all consequences of your actions. This may include different handling characteristics, etc, etc.

Here is what I did at the ASTC unit (note this is for an NS so an NT might be different). I removed the diff lock detection switch wire and diff lock light switch wire so the ASTC unit does not know the rear diff is locked. It needed to be done at the ASTC unit for the dash light to work correctly. The plugs have double pin locks, one in the underside of the plug and another on each pin. Grey wire in middle row, green/white wire in bottom row.

If the wires are simply removed (and separately insulated) from the ASTC unit the vehicle will function like it has an aftermarket diff lock. That is, the ATSC doesn't know there is a diff lock so it operates the TC/ASC/ABS like normal. I fitted a plug and socket (so I didn't have to cut any wires) to extend the wires out to a switch so I can use the normal TC/ASC/ABS inhibit mode if required (more so to be able to inhibit the ABS).
                Attached Files

Comment

• HSV Rangie
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • Hastings

nice work.

NT hope so

regards
                  Michael.
                  2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• brett
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

Good work there Quadcam, nice to see someone getting in there and working things out and doing some mods.

RJOther what are your diagrams out of, I have similar ones for a NP but nothing for NS/NT.

Comment

• RJOther
                      • Apr 2009
                      • Vermont South, Vic

ATSC rear diff lock wiring
                      Attached Files
                      2009 NT DiD Exceed, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lightforce Genesis HIDs, iCom IC-400pro, Milford Cargo Barrier, TJM Battery Tray & DBS, ARB Fridge,
                      P3 Brake Controller, D697 LT265/60R18, Lovells HD 50mm lift, Bilsteins.

Comment

• Quadcam
                        • May 2008
                        • Brisbane

I think you NT lads/lasses are in luck. The ASTC pinouts (in relation to the RDL) on that page are the same as the NS.

Comment

• HSV Rangie
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • Hastings

I like the sound of this.

next mod once I figure it out

Michael.

Comment

• geoff&vi
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • Brisbane

Thanks RJ/Quad,

you both are champions!! I will be doing mine this weekend, so i'll let you know how i go.

cheers
                            Geoff

Comment

• HSV Rangie
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • Hastings

And the dumb question. Where is this ecu.
                              Regards
                              Michael

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X