• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cam154
    • Sep 2018
    • Ringwood North

Where to mount ARB compressor

I've received an ARB compressor and was wondering where to install it photos and ideas would be awesome TIA

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

I mounted my ARBA compressor inside the spare wheel bracket. It was actually an easy install as I was able to use the existing Anderson plug wiring.

This pic shows the compressed air outlet and black compressor switch. (The red switch is to operate an LED rear work light).

It's been in the spare wheel bracket for over 4 years without issue.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Cam154 View Post
      I've received an ARB compressor and was wondering where to install it photos and ideas would be awesome TIA

Would help to know which ARB compressor you have.

Comment

• Cam154
        • Sep 2018
        • Ringwood North

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        Would help to know which ARB compressor you have.
        See attached photos

Comment

• _jp_
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Adelaide Hills, SA

I don't run a 2nd battery under the bonnet, so I purchased a battery tray and mounted my ARB compressor to this.
          NW GLXR - SOLD
          --------------
          EVO 6 TME

Comment

• Cam154
            • Sep 2018
            • Ringwood North

Originally posted by _jp_ View Post
            I don't run a 2nd battery under the bonnet, so I purchased a battery tray and mounted my ARB compressor to this.
            I like that idea that sounds great

Comment

• Poite91
              • Jan 2017
              • Adelaide

Hi,

a popular mounting method is to put it under a 2nd battery tray and run a hose for the outlet.

Here is a photo of my arb twin compressor mounted to some flat plate on the firewall.

Comment

• Pwoffey
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Adelaide

I have a single chamber ARB compressor and because of the position of my fuel pre-filter I don't have room for a second battery tray or to attach the compressor to the firewall. The guys at ARB fixed it to the top of the wheel arch just forward of the firewall on the passenger side. They use steel mounting plates on either side of the wheel arch, with nyloc nuts. I wondered at the time how robust this would be, but after doing Arnhem Land, lots of corrugated outback tracks, and a couple of trips to the Victorian High Country, it's all solid and no problems. I don't think there would be room there for a double chamber compressor.
                Attached Files
                BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Keithyv
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2018
                  • Perth

28 L/min may be a bit slow on a 4WD?

Great idea about mounting in the spare wheel area!

I've considered a few times behind the grille - seems like plenty of room there too.
                  2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                  MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Pwoffey
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                    28 L/min may be a bit slow on a 4WD?
                    I agree. According to the specifications table at:

ARB's portable air compressors offer a high output for fast action. Pick up a dual air compressor at your local ARB for your next off-road adventure.

the ARB single chamber ("high output") compressor does 87L/min and the dual chamber ("max performance") model does 174L/min. It's the air locker activation compressor that does about 28L/min. You'd want to be more patient than I to use it on a set of deflated tyres.
                    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X