• Hamadeh
    • Jul 2017
    • U.a.e

It didn't work for me removing that jumper . Pajero 2015 platinum Gcc

Comment

• inronny
      • Apr 2017
      • Victoria

For me the jumper option didn't work, so I muffled the buzzer instead and it works like a charm. And it is all reversible if I ever sell the car. I am driving a 3.0L GCC spec Pajero, 2009.

Thanks to a lot of good information in this thread it was very easy to do, took me around 40 minutes, if you are handy probably even faster.
      1. Disconnect the battery
      2. Take off the trim panel below the steering column
      3. On the left side behind the fuse box there is a blue box (the ETACS ECU)
      To get it out is probably the trickiest part of it all. Disconnect the 2 connectors that go into the ETACS, then there are clips on the top and bottom that keep it in place, once you get it out on one side you can lift it out at an angle.
      4. Open the ETACS with a knife or something similar, once you've got it open you can take the circuit board out. Probably a good idea to handle it with care.
      5. On the board there is a small round black speaker, you can't miss it. It has hole on top. I put some cotton wool in the hole, (and left some of it outside, so I can pull most of it out again if ever needed). Then stick some electrical tape over it.
      6. Put everything back together.

As mentioned before this will also effect the "forgotten key" alarm. With the engine off the forgotten key beep is softly audible, but it probably won't be enough to pay attention to in a normal situation. When driving over 120kmh I don't even hear softly beeping, so I am happy with the result. My Abu-Dhabi to Dubai trips will be slightly less obnoxious.

Comment

• kiwi horan
        • Sep 2014
        • Melbourne

posting pics

Originally posted by pilko View Post
        I was going to post a pic, but I am new to this site and I can't work it out, yet.

I would have sent via a PM, but you can't attach files
        Attached Files
        Pajero NS 2008 Exceed MY07

Comment

• Axon
          • Dec 2017
          • Poland

😡it didn’t work

I did as you suggest on Pajero 3.5L 2017 GCC and I put the key into the ignition. I coud hear beep beep sound becouse of the door was open and hadn’t tried to drive even. So mayby I shoud try? Is it always works together with „ forgotten keys „?
          There is a etacsdecoder program on etacsdecoder.com which shoud give chance to turn it off. Is anybody tried it? Otherwise wool option is the only one.
          Attached Files

Comment

• sepo
            • Aug 2018
            • abc

Originally posted by fjprm View Post
            Hello,

I've posted earlier a message looking for info about disabling the speed chime alarm that pops on every GCC spec'd cars every time you reach 120Kph.

After a bit of research, I've been able to find some electrical schemes for my car on the "out-club.ru" site and after interpreting the right one it was a matter of time until the chime was disabled.

All it took was disconnect a small jumper connector located under the dash, near to the OBD connector.
            Pls note that my car is LWB 2009MY 3.0 V6 petrol LHD, but I think this fix will work on all Gen 4 GCC pajeros.

The only "side-effect" is that I lost the "Forgotten Key prevention Function" (ie: a buzz when the driver door is opened with the key on the ignition switch) which is common with the speed chime function on GCC.

I'm a happy camper now...

I post below some schemes and pictures to help those who may have a similar version of the pajero.
            Man, you saved my drive. Thank you !

I've disconnected the jumper and it works like a charm.

My model: Pajero 3 doors, 3.5 L, Petrol, 2010, GCC specs.

Comment

• handle9
              • Oct 2018
              • UAE

Thanks heaps for this. Worked a charm on my 2015 GCC 3.5L GLS Platinum.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

• brkidxb
                • Dec 2018
                • Dxb

Hey guys!

Tried it with my 3.8 2012 GLS GCC but it didn't work.
                I'm trying to figure out, why it works for some and not the others. Maybe it depends on the trim?

Comment

• brkidxb
                  • Dec 2018
                  • Dxb

Originally posted by brkidxb View Post
                  Hey guys!

Tried it with my 3.8 2012 GLS GCC but it didn't work.
                  I'm trying to figure out, why it works for some and not the others. Maybe it depends on the trim?
                  An update on this.
                  I managed to disable the speed alarm, but for me this process also completely disabled traction control :

1. Disconnect ground cable on the battery
                  2. Wait around 5 minutes for the remaining charge to clear
                  3. Then disconnect/remove the same jumper mentioned here
                  4. Reconnect the ground wire to the battery

This disabled the speed alarm and the forgotten key notifications.
                  As mentioned on my car this also completely disables the traction control and ASC system. I wasn't able to turn the ASC back on using the button.

Comment

• Kellz
                    • Nov 2010
                    • Sohar, Oman

I have a 2013 Pajero 3.8L short wheel base (GCC specs).
                    I removed the small jumper plug but the alarm is still present. Any ideas?

//edit: After a few days the alarm was nt present any more... Don't know why and how it is delayed by so long... Happy though.
                    Last edited by Kellz; 18-02-19, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• mgazdar
                      • Jan 2012
                      • UK, Saudi Arabia

Originally posted by Kellz View Post
                      I have a 2013 Pajero 3.8L short wheel base (GCC specs).
                      I removed the small jumper plug but the alarm is still present. Any ideas?

//edit: After a few days the alarm was nt present any more... Don't know why and how it is delayed by so long... Happy though.
                      I had a similar experience. It takes sometime, or a few times of switching off and on before something noticed that jumper was removed. It makes for a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• riku007
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Perth

Originally posted by brkidxb View Post
                        An update on this.
                        I managed to disable the speed alarm, but for me this process also completely disabled traction control :

2. Wait around 5 minutes for the remaining charge to clear
                        3. Then disconnect/remove the same jumper mentioned here
                        4. Reconnect the ground wire to the battery

This disabled the speed alarm and the forgotten key notifications.
                        As mentioned on my car this also completely disables the traction control and ASC system. I wasn't able to turn the ASC back on using the button.
                        Hi brikidxb & everyone else reading

The speed alert on my 2012 3.5L LWB GC spec Pajero was enough to drive you insane. In addition the warning was going off at 117kph, not even 120kph. I followed the tips listed here, and while it did silence the speed warning it also disabled the traction control.

The steps I followed were as follows;
                        2. I then turned on the headlights and pushed on the brakes a few times to eliminate any remaining charge through the lights. This will also take a few minutes to complete.
                        3. Then I located the jumper cable mentioned, using a thin screw driver to release the clip.
                        4. Reconnect the ground wire to the battery and took it for a test drive.

The first thing I noticed was that the traction control light illuminates on the dash. I can not re-engage with the traction control button, however the light disappeared after 30 seconds. I haven't had the chance nor opportunity to test if the traction control is working or not. I do not want the tail end of the Pajero sliding out as I take-on a bend or while cornering.

Has anyone come up with a fix for the traction control? Is there another way to know whether or not the traction control is engaged or not after the light being illuminated and then disappearing?

Thanks in advance.
                        RH

Comment

• erad
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Cooma NSW

My recollection was that the TC light always comes on after you isolate the battery. It will go out after a few km of normal driving. Have you tried this?

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by erad View Post
                            My recollection was that the TC light always comes on after you isolate the battery. It will go out after a few km of normal driving. Have you tried this?

It's the ASC light that comes on after battery disconnect.

Comment

• riku007
                              • Apr 2020
                              • Perth

Originally posted by erad View Post

I had a little think about and the following day I when through the Pajero Manual and found the following in regards to the light which i thought was traction control but in fact it is ASC, Active Stability Control.

"Immediately after reconnection of the battery cable, the Active stability control indicator will illuminate and the active stability control function will stop operating. If the vehicle is driven and Active stability control indicator lamp goes off, the active stability control function will again start operating".

ASC lamp on, This indicates that the active stability control has been turned off.

A blinking ASC lamp indicates that the active stability control system is actively preventing loss of control. If this happens, pay attention to driving conditions.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. See attach pic for the indication lamp I was referring to.

RH
                              Attached Files

Comment

• prasad_k29
                                • May 2022
                                • Qatar

Originally posted by ronic View Post
                                Success

Hi,

I have a 3.8 Petrol GCC, built 2016.

I removed the bridge and now there is no "piep" at 120km/h

The only thing is, that you also loose the piep while drivers door is open and key in ignition - but who needs this....

THANKS A LOT!!
                                Hi Ronic,

Mine is also built 2016.
                                It will be great help if you can you guide (if possible step by step) on how to locate the jumper.

Is it must for the 2016 built to remove the trim as many guys above didn't have to?

If anyone else can guide on the same will be a great help.

I have to drive everyday for at least 200km to commute to work, so it's very irritating.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
                                PK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X