• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

This is a trailer I'm thinking of purchasing.

Does it seem decent, from photos and description?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by craka View Post
      This is a trailer I'm thinking of purchasing.

Does it seem decent, from photos and description?

Hi Craka,

I looked at the photo of the trailer on the link provided and it appears the axles are setback significantly behind the centre line of the trailer tub. It would be worth measuring this to determine the balance of the trailer and calculate the towball download

So assuming there would be 50kg of weight in the drawbar and coupling, and if you said the maximum towball down load you want is 10% of the ATM of 2000kg then you are looking for a 150kg bias when fully loaded on the front of the trailer, this is 7.5% of the ATM so as a rough guide the centre pivot for the roller rocker mount on the chassis should be at 42.5% of the 2400 mm tub length, which is 1020mm, forward of the rear tail gate. If I was building a trailer I would design for 5% towball load which would put the roller rocker mount at 1080mm from the rear tailgate.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X