Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 28-04-11

Here are some photos from the trip. The hill with the cruiser on it is the one that the challenger got up but the cruiser did not after quite a few attempts.. (photos dont do the grade or terrain justice). I'm still waiting on some of the photos of my car four wheel driving as they are on a mates camera..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6875.jpg (195.1 KB, 592 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0553 2.jpg (199.7 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0554 2.jpg (195.8 KB, 608 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0530 2.jpg (198.6 KB, 618 views)
Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...
Old 01-05-11

Hi Luke,

Currently in the market for a replacement vehicle capable of towing our Jayco Swan and the Challenger is on the list. How do you find the towing performance with the Hawk hitched up?
Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.
Old 01-05-11

LukeS
I notice you still have your jockey wheel attached, do you tow with it in that position, not ideal in my mind to do so?
I have converted mine to a swing up as couldn't be bothered taking off and stowing each trip.
regards
jimsiron
Old 02-05-11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by linou View Post
Hi Luke,

Currently in the market for a replacement vehicle capable of towing our Jayco Swan and the Challenger is on the list. How do you find the towing performance with the Hawk hitched up?
Mornin`,

I have an MY11 and use it to tow an old van, It weighs in at 1.4T loaded and the Challenger literally doesn`t even feel it behind the car. Hills etc no prb. Fuel eco avg`s about 13/100 at the moment with the van on. But the car has only done 4500 k`s. So, it may get better. Not sure about the weight o the jayco but can`t see it being much different Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-11

Linou,
the hawk wet I think comes in at around 1.2ton, I load it up everything into so the car is basiclly empty. I am happy with the towing performance, it can maintain speed on hills and fuel economy is pretty good also at around 13.1-13.8. Once cruising on the highway you hardly notice its there until the hills. Heaps better then my previous hilux petrol (20lt /100km) and also better then my previous prado td. The only down side if there was one is that it drops back from 5th to 4th on hills when sometimes I'd think it didnt need to. I did get a chipit computer for it and did a trip over easter, it noticably got up to speed quicker, holds gears much longer on hills, easier to over take and fuel economy was slightly better again.

Jimsiron,
Yes I do leave the jockey wheel there when travelling on general sealed / unsealed roads, I just slide it up to the highest notch which makes its position quite high as you can see in the photo. If I was doing anything even slightly technical I'd remove it and if I was doing it on a regualar basis (which I dont) Id get one that you have as I had that on my last boat trailer and they are handly.
Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...
Old 11-07-11

Hey guys, if you are towing with the auto or the manual its highly reccomended that you down shift from 5th when going up hills, as advised in the owners manual, as it puts alot of stress on the engine and gearbox, on extended climbs you can see the temperature gauge rise. Alot of people dont do this, as the diesels generally dont feel like they're struggling, thats why so many navara's and patrol's spit 5th too.
Old 12-07-11

hi guys I am thinking of getting a challenger when they eventually arrive in Aus. I want a manual LS . I want something that can tow a 16foot fiberglass van (Olympic Riviera from 1968 I think ) when fully laden with 2adults and 2 kids stuff for a 7 month holiday it weighed 1700kg. now I am trav elling by myself so it should be lighter. but I want a car that is economical (especially when towing and 4wding ) and have reasonable 4wd capabilities (ie dual range) I want to feel safe in my car in the outback. will the challenger suit my needs (PS I have driven 4wd's such as landcruiser 80series or a Jackaroo for years )
Old 22-08-11

after fun in the mud

Old 04-11-11

Cry babys

how have you got that awning mounted to the roof bars?
2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.
Old 12-11-11

Ive noticed that you have 265/70 series tires, what that like toying your jayco, it seems i bit to tall to me in regards to ratios