Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 12-01-10
Administrator

Default PB Challenger offroad.

Yep get to play with an XLS over Australia Day Wknd . Will be putting it through some good tracks and see if it has more offroad prowness than the Paj .
Dave
Old 12-01-10
Valued Member

lucky
dont scratch it
Old 12-01-10

I can't beleive how hopeless mitsubishi are, here they are brining out this great new model which is exactly what I was looking for when I settled on the Pajero, and you are flat out finding one in the yards, I can't beleive they don't have them plastered in the most prominent postion in the lot. I drive past multiple MM yards and they have the Pajeros, Outlanders, Lancers out the front, and you can't even see a challenger except one ef them. It's like to me that they have bought out this new model but haven't got the production going to support it. I by no means think the Challenger will put a dint in the prado sales, but it is exactly what the market needs to fill the gap between SUV's and Larger 4WD's. Look at Toyota for example, they bring out a new model and flood every yard and the road now with them. Learn from them MM if you want to make a difference.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel
Old 12-01-10
Administrator

Not a lot of Challengers in the country at the moment but be a fair few coming in shortly.
Dave
Old 12-01-10

thats my point, they bring out a new model but can't support it, that will just piss people off and make them go look elswere.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel
Old 12-01-10
Valued Member

Appears like Mitsubishi are just taking orders for a big launch in a month or so. Has anyone actually driven one home yet?

I suspect Mitsui are waiting for Daves favourable report before the big launch!
Old 12-01-10

I drove a demo home and it fits the garage so I ordered one and it is due end of Feb or early March. Production may have just started up again in Thailand.
Old 13-01-10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900canoes View Post

I suspect Mitsui are waiting for Daves favourable report before the big launch!
Not to say it is going to be favourable. Truth beknown I haven't seen a Challenger in the flesh yet. Just haven't had time to look at one . I have a fair idea what they drive like on the road, it is my main interest to see what they are like offroad. More so if I am thinking of purchasing one down the track.
Dave
Old 13-01-10

Mate saw a heap of them coming off the ships in freo on the wknd.
Yeah I wondered the same driving around over Christmas, was expecting to see the challenger up in lights at all the dealers and was keen to check one out. I only saw one locked up round the side of the dealer. I guess the general public aren?t as excited about the new challenger and most didn?t know it had been released until the adds came on tele. Seems to be the way of all manufacturers though to hype up the new model months before they have stock to sell. Latest prado and landcruisers where the same. Guess the justification is they are never sure how popular a new model will be.
Old 13-01-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Guess the justification is they are never sure how popular a new model will be.
Probably so...buts theres only one way to find out aye!? Get em out there.
2000 NM SWB Exceed, Leather heated seats - aahhhhhhh, DVD/Pioneer sound system, 16" Advanti alloys, 32 inch Kuhmo Mudders, Custom 6mm alloy sump/trans guards, Safari snorkel, Rage Exhaust System, Thule roof racks, ARB winch bar, 9000lb winch, 60mm lift kit......what next???????

"We'll keep our cowsh*t in the country...You keep your bullsh*t in the city"