• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Last Mohican
    • Mar 2016
    • Sydney

Roof Platforms

Hi all,

I am looking to by a roof platform for luggage but don't want one that sticks out the sides to far.

What size works best for the Challenger, I like the look of the Rhino Pioneer but think its a bit overpriced.

Any good value ones out there ?

Thanks in Advance
    December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)
  • sarbruler
    • May 2016
    • ballarat

If you can wait for a 4wd/camp show.

I brought my rhino platform at the Melbourne 4wd show was on sale, they also gave me a rhino awning as a bonus sold the awning as it wasn’t needed. Ended up costing about $750 for the full size rack

Well worth the weight saving since the challenger has such a low roof rating capacity

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

I chose to use a Windcheatah/Frontrunner platform because it was narrower, it clamps directly onto the factory roof rails, structural members are span wise rather than length wise so it is lighter and stronger, it has a 30mm edge lip to help restrain the load. It is about 1165mm wide by 1340mm long but they now make a slight longer rack also which is about 1540mm long from memory, which would be my pick if I was fitting one again. I used 6 grap feet to spread the load on the factory rails and I carry up 60kg on the rack when touring.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X