• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • campa_fish
    • Mar 2010
    • Brisbane

manual gear box and engine being cold

i have had the new pb challenger ls manual for 4weeks now. does any one have a problem of when the engine is cold that it revs and up and down constantly. it is not the air con. compresser, it happens when the ac is off. The rest of the time it is fine. the boss has the xls auto and it does nt have this problem.

it this just the common rail being cold?
    Last edited by campa_fish; 05-05-10, 09:47 PM.
    2010 challenger LS manual - cool silver. ARB deluxe winch Bullbar, IPF spot light. factory towbar, Safari Snorkel, BFGoodridge All Terrans, GME TX3520 UHF, OME suspension, 9000lb Red Centre Winch, ORS Storage Drawer System, Black Widow Fridge Slide, 2 x 10" BAJA LWD Light Bars, Pro Rack Wispar Roof Rails, Hema Navigator 6, Etrex H GPS, Engel 40 L Fridge.
  • colinu
    • Aug 2009
    • Drouin VIC

Hi Campa fish
    I have a manual too but it dosn't rev up and down when cold I would speak to your dealer when you get your 1500 klm service

Comment

• Wolf
      • Jan 2010

No does mine, but I live in the tropics so is never that cold. Wolf

Comment

• dan40d
        • Feb 2010
        • Newcastle, NSW

Mine does but only when the A/C is on, checked it this morning, difference is about 100-200rpm and every couple of seconds. Definately doesn't do it when the A/C is turned off.
        PB Challenger, Charcoal, Manual, stock so far

www.danielallenphotography.com

Comment

• campa_fish
          • Mar 2010
          • Brisbane

thanks for the information. nice to know that i am not the only one.
          2010 challenger LS manual - cool silver. ARB deluxe winch Bullbar, IPF spot light. factory towbar, Safari Snorkel, BFGoodridge All Terrans, GME TX3520 UHF, OME suspension, 9000lb Red Centre Winch, ORS Storage Drawer System, Black Widow Fridge Slide, 2 x 10" BAJA LWD Light Bars, Pro Rack Wispar Roof Rails, Hema Navigator 6, Etrex H GPS, Engel 40 L Fridge.

Comment

• jimsiron
            • Feb 2010
            • Mildura, gateway to the outback

Originally posted by campa_fish View Post
            i have had the new pb challenger ls manual for 4weeks now. does any one have a problem of when the engine is cold that it revs and up and down constantly. it is not the air con. compresser, it happens when the ac is off. The rest of the time it is fine. the boss has the xls auto and it does nt have this problem.

We have just picked up our manual Challenger and I firstly read the owners manual cover to cover, some feat! The revving you speak about is mentioned in the book and is the engine management system automatically recalibrating the fuel system and is no call for alarm. The management system will do this on a regular basis.
            regards
            Jimsiron
            2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• campa_fish
              • Mar 2010
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by jimsiron View Post
              We have just picked up our manual Challenger and I firstly read the owners manual cover to cover, some feat! The revving you speak about is mentioned in the book and is the engine management system automatically recalibrating the fuel system and is no call for alarm. The management system will do this on a regular basis.
              regards
              Jimsiron
              i do not think so. it does this every day. i thought that it was as well but my parents have new cars they say it will recalibrat the fuel system but theirs never do

Comment

• jimsiron
                • Feb 2010
                • Mildura, gateway to the outback

i do not think so. it does this every day. i thought that it was as well but my parents have new cars they say it will recalibrat the fuel system but theirs never do
                Well, if that is the case, I would suggest that if you haven't already done so then I would be straight back to a dealer post haste.
                2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• creamandchives
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Melbourne, Australia

Sure it's not the aircon? it may use the compressor for de-mist, even if the "A/C" light is not actually on (thought maybe if its cold you might be de-misting), my subaru used to do that.

Another cause of increased idle revs in the Pajero is a good old DPF burn off, very slight increase though (and increased fuel use, slightly dull acceleration and a great stench) If you don't drive far in the morning, a DPF burn may go over a few days (im assuming a burn in a challenger is similarish to the Pajero, IF the manual challenger has a DPF - does anyone know?)
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  08 NS SWB R DiD

Comment

• flashcher
                    • Mar 2010

We had the same issue with our LS auto. I had a Technical support guy here looking at mine for another issue and he picked up on that one.

It was doing the rough idle as well as blowing a bit of smoke on start up and also if the car had been sitting for a while and then re-started.

The guy thought it may have been a bent valve or leaking injector. The car went to a service dept where they ran tests over a number of days. When I got it back the problem seems to have been fixed and I was told that the tappets needed adjusting.

Take yours to the service department and get it checked, but I must say be insistant. We had our's to the local non service dept a number of times and they could find nothing wrong. We got in contact with Mitsubishi technical support and had the matter taken further.

If you search you will find my original post and be able to read of all the fun we had getting ours fixed.
                    Michelle

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X