Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 20-08-18

Default Exhaust manifold replacement NP V6 3.8l

Both exhaust manifolds cracked ,due for replacement soon. Advice needed.
Options and prices on recent jobs would be appreciated. I have attached one that may be suitable (hurricane).Has anyone fitted these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hurricaine Headers.jpg (21.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 28-08-18

Iím in the USA. Both of the stock manifolds on my 2006 Montero limited were cracked. Over a year ago I got a set of stainless headers from advance headers in Australia. Part number A349MRSS. Really nice set, bolted up nicely. Havenít had any issues with them. I did the install myself I just got the headers and they werenít cheap. Around $800 AUD not including shipping to the states. I kept the stock y pipe with the cats.

http://www.advanceheaders.com.au/pro...itsubishi6cyl/
Old 28-08-18
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to marcthelegend

I got Redback exhause headers off ebay, from memory just over $450 shipped across the country.

Fitting was a pain, hard to get access to the manifold bolts and when you get access, they're bloody tight but after much swearing, WD40, and some creative uses of rachets and extensions and swivel joints I managed to get it done. Took 6 hours or so to get them fitted but the joints are terrible, I've had to double up gaskets between the Y pipe and the headers and every year or so need to replace them as they split. Not impressed with them at all.

Leaks worse now than it did with the cracked headers - one day I may look into welding on some 3 point flange's but my current method, although quite tedious and repetitive, is working.

Cheers,

Marc
05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)
Old 28-08-18
Valued Member

I paid $780 for extractors supplied & fitted about 5 years ago. This was a no name product from a local supplier in Adelaide.
The named brands from memory were around $1200, the same price as for one manifold.
Check out your local exhaust fitter.
Dean
NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres, Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.
Old 28-08-18
Valued Member

I fitted headers to my NM because of manifold cracking. Never had a problem with them, they had been on the car for many years when I sold it. I got them from a place called 'Best Mufflers', they stock several brands, from memory mine were Redcat.
The price will depend on whether your Pajero has the multiple cat converter setup or just the single like the NMs and early NPs. This is a link to one that suits the single cat models. The multiple ones are a few hundred more expensive.
https://bestmufflers.com/bshop/index...roller=product

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.