• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cate03
    • Jun 2010
    • Sydney

Challenger has arrived

After ordering my Challenger in late June, I finally took delivery of it last Thursday. MY2011 5 Seat LS White 5speed Manual

It was supposed to be delivered last week of August and I had sold my other cars within that week. Mitsu Dealer was surprised as well with the late delivery and kindly lent me an identical vehicle (09 model) to use whilst we waited for delivery.

So far, very very happy with car, looks unreal in White (very crisp white white...) have fitted front seat covers and dash mat. Have got the window tinting guy coming today and the HR towbar / Prodigy brake controller being fitted tomorrow. Dealer was going to fit HR (using my guy) but backed out at last minute due to MMAL releasing the 'we hate HR' document a few days before. My Dealers' opinion was to go with the HR anyway (much better looking, better departure etc)

Although the gearbox is still a bit tight and I'm running in.....the dash fuel figures are good, the 09 that I borrowed from the dealer (9000Kms on the clock) I used to do a quick country run for work (sydney-bathurst-orange-cowra-sydney) returned 8.3L/100 (tank fill vs Km) whilst I wasn't thrashing it, I was giving it a bit, enjoying the torque and acceleration.

I'm looking at a ARB winch bar, got to check the differences between 3435100 and 3435010 (deluxe & deluxe winch bar) winch bar is cheaper on price list

Will be fitting a Warn 9000 winch and will be pulling a Jayco Finch outback so will need advice on suspension soon.

All in all, loving this car, it's a cracker!

Cheers,
    Carl
  • wasarangie
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2010
    • Ocean Grove

Glad to here of another Challenger getting delivered. Those fuel figures are fairly good, I can't wait to see how I go when mine arrives. MMA realy don't like HR do they.
    SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• cate03
      • Jun 2010
      • Sydney

Originally posted by cate03 View Post

I'm looking at a ARB winch bar, got to check the differences between 3435100 and 3435010 (deluxe & deluxe winch bar) winch bar is cheaper on price list
      Duh!! 3435010 is the PA Bar, 3435100 is the PB Bar...

wasarangie...Yes, MMA really bags it out, but surprisingly, the dealer in this case didn't agree with MMA, but had his hands tied with the direction handed down. His opinion was that the only relevant point in the 'notice' was that it was 5mm too high (ADR) which he reckons tyre pressures could just about fix! My camper has 32" BFG A/T's (used ones off my cruiser) and used to sit behind my raised 80 series, so I am not too worried about ball height, should there be a problem I'll use a dropdown hitch.

Cheers,
      Carl

Comment

• BigBloke65
        • Aug 2010
        • SA

Duh!! 3435010 is the PA Bar, 3435100 is the PB Bar...
        Thanks, you had me worrying there for a minute if I had ordered the right one I'm having it done tomorrow (deluxe bar white color coded)
        PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• wasarangie
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2010
          • Ocean Grove

His opinion was that the only relevant point in the 'notice' was that it was 5mm too high (ADR)
          If you look at the Towbar thread it describes in the ADR that the hight issue aplies to passenger vehicles not a 4x4 vehicle, I actually read the ADR and discussed that with the dealer. Anyway after signing an indemnity form for the ARB bar, winch and towbar they will be installed before the vehicle is collected. I cannot see HR releasing a bar that does not meet ADR's, they make to many OE bars to risk it.

Who does make the MMA bar anyway?
          SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• cate03
            • Jun 2010
            • Sydney

Dunno, Mitsubishi have released a new shroud/cover? for the OEM bar, obviously because of complaints on aesthetics from customers I suppose....doesn't fix the height/departures angle of the bar obviously, but looks neater.

Have ordered the ARB bar (black) just now, should be in Sydney next week, ARB Moorebank to fit it soon after...

Regards,
            Carl

Comment

• bigdave
              • Apr 2010
              • Adelaide SA

Hey Carl,

Have you seen this new towbar shroud/cover. Does anyone have any pics and any idea of price? I'm interested as I have one of those crap looking OEM bars. MMA should be ashamed they made it look so damn awful.
              Cheers,
              Bigdave

Parted ways with my 2010 PB Manual after 9 years of reliable motoring...
              Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg

Comment

• SticksGlobal
                • Jun 2010
                • Melbourne

Here's one from the MMA website at

Don't see the point myself. MMA too lazy to design a new bar?
                Attached Files
                PB LS Auto Challenger, ARB deluxe bullbar, ARB alloy roof rack, Ironman 40mm lift, Mickey Thompson ATZ 265/70/17, OEM towbar, BushSkinz

Comment

• bigdave
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Adelaide SA

Well hold me back. I'll be queueing up outside the dealers door tomorrow to make sure I don't miss out!
                  It makes the 100% crap looking bar only look 95% crap.

I wonder how much $$ - knowing the price of Genuine parts, it might be cheaper to get a HR bar and sell the old one for scrap metal. Maybe I should just get the genuine bar chromed so it matches my nudge bar - sort of balance the look a bit?

SticksGlobal - thanks for the post.

Cheers,
                  Bigdave
                  Cheers,
                  Bigdave

Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg

Comment

• cate03
                    • Jun 2010
                    • Sydney

Originally posted by bigdave View Post
                    Hey Carl,

Have you seen this new towbar shroud/cover. Does anyone have any pics and any idea of price? I'm interested as I have one of those crap looking OEM bars. MMA should be ashamed they made it look so damn awful.
                    Hi bigdave,

I have attached a pdf of the picture I have, I have just noticed however, that it suits the 3000Kg bar for the MY2011 Challenger, I'm not sure this is the same as the 2500kg model, more than likely is, same positioning etc., may be worth a call to dealer with part number

Cheers,
                    Carl

Edit: Oops, someone beat me to it!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• bigdave
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Adelaide SA

Hey thanks for that Carl,

Given the reduced departure angle of the OEM bar I reckon it would get ripped off in the first creek crossing.

Might give it a miss methinks.

Cheers
                      Cheers,
                      Bigdave

Comment

• LukeS
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by bigdave View Post
                        Well hold me back. I'll be queueing up outside the dealers door tomorrow to make sure I don't miss out!
                        It makes the 100% crap looking bar only look 95% crap.

Towbar Garnish!! That cracks me up! The thought process of these people.. seriously.
                        Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X