Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 10-04-20

Default Bonnet open sensor/switch

I am having no success activating the factory alarm system.
I have followed the instructions and tried variations.
Checked the fuse no 12 under bonnet for alarm horn.
Now I think maybe the bonnet is not making the closed limit.
But I can't find a switch.
Some cars have it built into the bonnet latch but I see no wires there.
Any ideas?
Old 10-04-20
Super Moderator

If you remove the grille you will see the switch and wiring on the underside of the bonnet larch mechanism.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 10-04-20
Valued Member

Activation is simple.

1. Unlock car and sit in driver's seat (can do it outside but difficult for some to reach the wiper stalk) with driver's door open.
2. Ensure key is not in ignition.
3. Ensure light switch is in off position (however, mine was in auto and worked as well).
4. Pull back the wiper stalk and approx 10 seconds later, you will hear a faint beep.
5. Keep the stalk pulled back until the beep stops.
6. While still keeping the stalk pulled back, press the unlock button on the remote.
7a. If you hear 3 beeps then your alarm is activated so release the wiper stalk.
7b. If you hear 1 beep then your alarm is deactivated so while keeping the stalk pulled back, press the unlock button on the remote again to get the three beeps. __________________
Old 11-04-20

[QUOTE=old Jack;629925]If you remove the grille you will see the switch and wiring on the underside of the bonnet larch mechanism.

I removed the grill and found no switch at the latch.
I did find an empty connector behind the latch. See photo. Is this perhaps for the missing switch?
Why would the switch be missing?
I guess this is why I can't activate the alarm.

While in there I saw another empty socket - see photo. Any idea what it is for - or is it an after market installation. The wires disappear very neatly into a loom.

Thanks
Gerard

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...p?albumid=1153
Old 11-04-20
Valued Member

I read somewhere that the alarm is not fitted to the cars for some markets:
- does your car have the red LED on the top of the dash near the center of the base of the windscreen?
- is the alarm horn fitted (near the inner right side guard & brake master cylinder)?

- is it mentioned in the handbook?
Old 12-04-20
Valued Member

The configuration diagrams show what/where the relevant plugs are.

My guess is that the mid-central plug is for an ambient air temperature sensor while the plug on the passenger side may be for an aircon condenser fan which appears is not be fitted to your vehicle.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...2/index_M1.htm

Last edited by Kingbrown; 12-04-20 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 13-04-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
The configuration diagrams show what/where the relevant plugs are.

My guess is that the mid-central plug is for an ambient air temperature sensor while the plug on the passenger side may be for an aircon condenser fan which appears is not be fitted to your vehicle.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...2/index_M1.htm
Thanks Kingbrown,
The diagram also shows that the bonnet latch switch connector is at A48. I have the connector but nothing is attached.
My Pajero does have the red led on the dash but with no bonnet switch I guess no alarm system linked to the hooters.
Mine is a 2012 GLX.
Old 13-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afdak View Post
Thanks Kingbrown,
The diagram also shows that the bonnet latch switch connector is at A48. I have the connector but nothing is attached.
My Pajero does have the red led on the dash but with no bonnet switch I guess no alarm system linked to the hooters.
Mine is a 2012 GLX.
Couple decades back when I was an accessory fitted most brands the vehicle wiring harness's were the same throughout all models.

In other words the vehicle for instance that had cruise control had the same harness as the vehicle that had no cruise control.

Therefore what i mean is, if you have no alarm it may not be all that difficult to fit the original alarm system as vehicle I suspect is already wired for it? As the above example, the vehicle with no cruise control was not hard to ADD cruise control to that vehilce etc.

You may find the same if this is the case with your Pajero & the OEM alarm?

Suspicion only