Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 24-02-20

Default winch

hi all looking at getting a Domin8r Xtreme 12,000lb Winch | Our Toughest Winch Ever! | 7.2hp Motor | 26m Synthetic Rope | Wired/Wireless Controller | Adventure Kings we don't do extreme off road any advice?
Old 24-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
hi all looking at getting a Domin8r Xtreme 12,000lb Winch | Our Toughest Winch Ever! | 7.2hp Motor | 26m Synthetic Rope | Wired/Wireless Controller | Adventure Kings we don't do extreme off road any advice?

Why are you getting one? Do you really need it? Are going to change front shocks/springs to take extra weight< As you said...we dont do any heavy off road driving. I,ve done a fair bit of off roading in the last 5 years and some serious outback work for 20 years before that. Havent needed a winch in the last 5 years. Probably used it about 5 times before that..but that was in very remote areas. Used it more often to pull others out of trouble. I have heard good things about Runva winches. 12,000 is over kill.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 24-02-20

i have already a blue max shocks and king springs we like doing a bit more sand and mud stuff soon just getting the old boy ready for helping others or my self as i don't like the factory recovery pints that are just ship tie downs
Old 24-02-20

for the price and the new break system it is great also carries plenty of good reviews
Old 24-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
for the price and the new break system it is great also carries plenty of good reviews
They are great price I know the odd bloke whom has & they have no complaints.
I think if your dunking in the creek regulary possibly an issue.

Personally I like the weight of Carbon & Sherpa winches, alomost 3 times the loot
Old 24-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
i have already a blue max shocks and king springs we like doing a bit more sand and mud stuff soon just getting the old boy ready for helping others or my self as i don't like the factory recovery pints that are just ship tie downs

Who told you that bullshit? They are not just ship tie downs but rated genuine factory installed tie down points. This subject comes up every month and the same answer applies..

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 24-02-20

yes you may be right just talked to my uncle whom is a top 4wd guy . he said why the hell do you need a winch which adds a lot of extra weight and also would require a second battery to be safe.
And also said the tracks you do you can get a hand winch kit witch works ok . I dont think we need one right now so thanks all will get one when i need it lol.
just wanted to look like the big boy's .
and yes i have heard the tie down points used correctly are good as gold .
Old 24-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
yes you may be right just talked to my uncle whom is a top 4wd guy . he said why the hell do you need a winch which adds a lot of extra weight and also would require a second battery to be safe.
And also said the tracks you do you can get a hand winch kit witch works ok . I dont think we need one right now so thanks all will get one when i need it lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPXixsvjDjY
Old 25-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:

No need to look like the big boys. More often than not the paj will go where they get stuck. Paj is a hugely under rated 4wd. Many of the "big boys" are just piss and wind anyway! You will also be surprised at how quickly the weight adds up when accessorizing your car as well. Although a brilliant and capable off road and towing vehicle..weight needs to be taken into consideration...especially when towing and loading car up for extended trips. Put the money you saved into a transmission lock up kit that will save fuel, save your transmission and make driving easier.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=59467

Telegraph X camper
Old 25-02-20

good advice i have a friend that owns a 206 poo troll with a petrol 6 and he has been doing 4wd alot and he siad i still have not gone to a winch. he has a turfer hand winch. Think the extra weight and not onto full on stuff my snatch kit might be all i need untill i get more serious