• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marce
    • Apr 2019
    • Berwick

Purchasing Pajero SWB Diesel

Hi Guys, I am new to the Pajero seen and I am purchasing a Pajero SWB 3.2l Diesel with 286000km on the clock. It has full service history and looks clean. Is there anything I should look out for when purchasing? Is 286k on the clock too much? I am leaning towards no as its a Diesel. Thanks
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Presuming it is either an NS or NT. There are many Pajeros with the same motor getting upto and over 400000kms and still going strong. Mine has 235000kms and still goes great. .Regular service is the key, like most cars so full service history is a big bonus.

There were a couple of recalls so check they have been done with local Mitsy dealer, doesnt cost anything. Both front airbags, turn signal switch, timing chain tensioner from memory.

If test driving check the 4wd system, change it into 4H and 2H on the road. Try the 4Hlc and 4Llc on gravel. Check for rust under the door rubbers at the top, known problem on some......I'm one of the lucky ones.

Good luck.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Also have a read of link below bud.

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Marce
        • Apr 2019
        • Berwick

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
        Presuming it is either an NS or NT. There are many Pajeros with the same motor getting upto and over 400000kms and still going strong. Mine has 235000kms and still goes great. .Regular service is the key, like most cars so full service history is a big bonus.

There were a couple of recalls so check they have been done with local Mitsy dealer, doesnt cost anything. Both front airbags, turn signal switch, timing chain tensioner from memory.

If test driving check the 4wd system, change it into 4H and 2H on the road. Try the 4Hlc and 4Llc on gravel. Check for rust under the door rubbers at the top, known problem on some......I'm one of the lucky ones.

Good luck.
        Thanks aussieintas, I really appreciate your reply. Will definitely look out for what you mentioned. Hopefully I will get one soon and go on some great 4x4 trips. What have you done to your Pajero?

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

Sorry for the delay in replying bud.

Not much done to mine.......fitted MCC bullbar, TJM snorkel, aftermarket stereo, new suspension, resistor mod basically.

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...