Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 26-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
Youíll need a wiring harness to get your steering wheel controls to work the stereo.
Thanks Amok, i noticed in the booklet with the head unit it has provision to use the paddles.

I have seen Jaycar have little plug/ lead blocks for that sort of thing.
Maybe it will all work out.

The HU also has two video camera inputs which will be handy for the back of van, in addition to normal reverse camera.

Cheers Robert

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk
Old 27-01-18

Replacing the stock head unit would be doable but it would be a bitch to interface with things like reverse camera, sensors, dab/GPS antenna etc and a paino black facia that fits
Old 28-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksrb View Post
Replacing the stock head unit would be doable but it would be a bitch to interface with things like reverse camera, sensors, dab/GPS antenna etc and a paino black facia that fits
which is a shame as the stock head unit sucks.

I have replaced my fronts and the H/U doesnt have enough power to drive them. will need to amp the front speakers with a slim line amp as there is little room under the passenger seat.
Old 28-01-18

Ive had a Pioneer head unit put in m car. It was done by a pro but they said it was easy but had to buy the correct wiring harness for the steering wheel controls. They got a black frame that fits perfectly around the unit so it looks stock.
Reverse camera and everything works well

Old 31-08-18

This is very good. I want to do the same as you did. Do you still have any information on the exact components you used i.e. the speakers and the amplifier? I have tried to find the one you used on the internet to no avail.

You are right about the quality of the sound. I can not use AM as the sound quality is really poor. I bought the pajero glx at a cheap price so expected to have to change a few things.
Old 31-08-18
Valued Member

As an iPhone user I canít imagine getting rid of Apple CarPlay personally but each to their own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-19

I have a sub and amp which accepts speaker inputs as well as pre amp inputs. Can I splice the rear speaker wires into my amp and still have the rear speakers work?
Old 31-07-19

Does anyone know if the plugs in the new NX model are the same as the plugs in the NW (sat nav radio). I really want to upgrade the current NW just to the NX stereo, hoping itís just plug and play!?
Old 30-03-20

With a bit quarantine time on my hands i finally got around to installing some new front speakers. The difference in sound is unbelievable.

For my next project i was looking to do the 2nd row door speakers, i've read rumours somewhere that it is possible to get 6x9 speakers in the existing speaker holes, is anyone able to confirm?
Old 30-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy49 View Post
With a bit quarantine time on my hands i finally got around to installing some new front speakers. The difference in sound is unbelievable.

For my next project i was looking to do the 2nd row door speakers, i've read rumours somewhere that it is possible to get 6x9 speakers in the existing speaker holes, is anyone able to confirm?
Definitely possible on a short wheel base the stock rear speaker is from memory a 6.5" but is mounted into a oval plastic mount that is fastened to the body of the pajero. I'm not sure though if the long wheel base uses the same setup in the rear doors.

Note: with putting 6*9s in the the SWB I did have to make up my own spacer and mount that to the body.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.