Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 08-04-20
Valued Member

Default New starter battery

After four weeks of non use (two weeks overseas - two weeks in quarantine ), my three year + old main Bosch 125D31L battery carked it... Replaced with a Yuasa NX70ZZLX MF https://www.yuasabatteries.com.au/re...zzlx%20mf/info. Slightly higher CCA rating and a little cheaper.

Perhaps there is some parasitic current drain going on so will have to keep an eye on things.

Cheers,
Stephen

Last edited by Scouter1; 08-04-20 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added detail
Old 09-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post

Perhaps there is some parasitic current drain going on so will have to keep an eye on things.

Cheers,
Stephen
I have a gen 4 Paj. There's definitely battery drain. I turn the engine over every few days, irrespective of need (I am retired so don't use it for work any more) otherwise, after a week and in the cold of winter it struggles to start. A month overseas and the battery is flat. Destroyed my last battery that way. Now disconnect the battery if I am away more than a week.

My last 4wd, a LR Discovery 2, would shut off all power after 2 days of not starting to preserve the battery. Shame the Paj doesn't.
Old 10-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundy55 View Post
I have a gen 4 Paj. There's definitely battery drain. I turn the engine over every few days, irrespective of need (I am retired so don't use it for work any more) otherwise, after a week and in the cold of winter it struggles to start. A month overseas and the battery is flat. Destroyed my last battery that way. Now disconnect the battery if I am away more than a week.
Thanks Mundy, that's good advice. It is very unusual for me not to be driving for this long so will unhook the terminal/s next time.
Old 10-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
so will unhook the terminal/s next time.
Easier to fit one of those rotary isolation switches. More convenient and saves working on the battery posts more than is absolutely necessary removing cables.

For example, this:
https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/battery-link-192b.
straightforward.

this:
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ck/214448.html

or this:
https://www.jaycar.com.au/high-quali...witch/p/SF2245
removable key but more difficult to mount.

Plenty of others to elsewhere chose from, starting with Fleabay.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Speaking of batteries. Tired of taking back the Century N70ZZ for warranty replacement of warranty replacement. Someone on Facebook mentioned Enirgi in Adelaide do good deals so went and got an 850CCA UMF135D31L for $148.60 ex GST. Will be fitting it tonight. The Paj has been difficult to start in the mornings of the past week.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
Speaking of batteries. Tired of taking back the Century N70ZZ for warranty replacement of warranty replacement. Someone on Facebook mentioned Enirgi in Adelaide do good deals so went and got an 850CCA UMF135D31L for $148.60 ex GST. Will be fitting it tonight. The Paj has been difficult to start in the mornings of the past week.
I have gone through 2... Both just after warranty ran out...

Gemster...
97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ARB bar, Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, 3 core radiator, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps, and a New Heart to come
..and No Airbags. We die like real Men
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemster View Post
I have gone through 2... Both just after warranty ran out...

Gemster...
You went through 2 century or the Enirgi ones?
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Century's.. Never again... Not worth what you get, that's for sure... Im still using one after they did replace it and just got a 'Supercheap' one for my 2nd battery, as im not going anywhere at the moment... Soon as I do, I will be getting better ones...

What are the ones you are using like, Happy?

Gemster...
97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ARB bar, Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, 3 core radiator, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps, and a New Heart to come
..and No Airbags. We die like real Men
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemster View Post
Century's.. Never again... Not worth what you get, that's for sure... Im still using one after they did replace it and just got a 'Supercheap' one for my 2nd battery, as im not going anywhere at the moment... Soon as I do, I will be getting better ones...

What are the ones you are using like, Happy?

Gemster...
Just fitted last night. This morning, starts straight away instead of waiting for glowplug to stop, crank it 3 to 4 times, ignition off and on and wait for glowplug to stop and then crank and it starts after 3 cranks. Car seems to run smoother and I can feel it in my butt dyno. But that may be because the smart alternator doesn't have to work as hard.
Old 2 Days Ago

Today was winch service day, and swapped out the cable for a rope.
Also installed the Idrive unit, have had it sitting around for a few weeks. Should have done that weeks ago.

Still to come:
XROX Rock sliders, Rear drawer system, Swap to synthetic winch rope, Dual battery system.