Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 01-05-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
So, got the ELM327 module and the Torque Pro today. Added a vehicle profile and chose the connection setting of "4 CAN 11bit 500k baud". Now, the Emissions Readiness S/DTC display show components as completed but everything else as incomplete or something like that (including EGR). Now, I added raw data display to get something and noticed the throttle sitting at 100% the whole trip home. Is this the same as EGR at 0%?

I did add a predefind PID as suggested in another thread for trans temp but it is not showing up. Anyhow, what is the proper setting for Torque to get everything working? It would be great if someone could post screen shots of their various configuration setting.
Hi Vlad
The throttle reading (100%) & EGR (0%) readings are two different things.
What you have sounds correct with engine running - Throttle 100% open & EGR 0% Open. (100% Closed)
When you shut down the engine the Throttle should almost close off completely - Mine drops to 1.96%. to help with smooth shut down of the engine with no run on. It will then return to 100% after a short time - ready for the next start up.
Cheers Paul
SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735
Old 01-05-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
Cool. I look forward to seeing the result. Could you take a pics as you go? (Mini tutorial maybe?)
LOL, I chickened out in doing it myself. Did not want to damage anything. Just dropped by the dealer I have been going to for all my servicing and asked if I can get someone to remove the trim to insert to compass. The woman at the counter got a service guy to remove the trim.

The service guy removed the cover for the high-mount brake light and then pulled the trim off through the hole starting from the centre and outwards. I unwrapped the electrical tape that was holding the harness plug, plugged it in and then clipped it into existing holes on the door.

He had a little bit of difficulty refitting the trim, the clips went in but the bottom claws at either end wont go in. He had to lever the bottom of the side trims with the trim removal tool for the bottom claws to go in. He mentioned it is best to do it in warm weather or heat up the trim with a hair dryer etc to minimise the risk of snapping plastic claws.

Here is a pic of the display now showing the compass:

Last edited by vladguan; 03-08-17 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-05-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Hi Vlad
The throttle reading (100%) & EGR (0%) readings are two different things.
What you have sounds correct with engine running - Throttle 100% open & EGR 0% Open. (100% Closed)
When you shut down the engine the Throttle should almost close off completely - Mine drops to 1.96%. to help with smooth shut down of the engine with no run on. It will then return to 100% after a short time - ready for the next start up.
Cheers Paul

Hmm, OK. I don't have EGR showing. The Emissions Readiness S/DTC display on the 6th page only shows components as completed but everythig else as unavail.

I did find the following thread so may have to have a look at my settings:
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...8&postcount=13
Old 01-05-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
Hmm, OK. I don't have EGR showing. The Emissions Readiness S/DTC display on the 6th page only shows components as completed but everythig else as unavail.

I did find the following thread so may have to have a look at my settings:
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...8&postcount=13
Sorry Vlad
My info is displayed on my UltraGuage. Not really familiar with the setup you are using.
Was just clarifying what the readings should be. I'm sure there's others on here that can help with your setup
Cheers. Paul
SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735
Old 01-05-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Sorry Vlad
My info is displayed on my UltraGuage. Not really familiar with the setup you are using.
Was just clarifying what the readings should be. I'm sure there's others on here that can help with your setup
Cheers. Paul
That is OK Paul. I am feeling very stupid at the moment. Made the biggest noob mistake of all considering I am a software/systems engineer with 20 years of experience and have also been doing support and administration for the past 6 years, I just realised the raw data display I added is actually scrollable. EGR remains at 0%.
Old 10-05-15
Valued Member

Bought a set of trim removal tools off eBay Oz seller. Makes removing trim investigating the DEI 506T fitment so much easier. $15 (with express post) very well spent. Just wish I had bought it earlier so won't have damaged the trim on wife's Outlander. LOL.
Old 12-05-15

Does the NX not come standard with the compass? My NT GLX has one...
MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)
Old 12-05-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdd View Post
Does the NX not come standard with the compass? My NT GLX has one...
the NX GLX does but not the NX GLS and Exceed as these have MMCS. As mentionee somewhere on here, somewhere through NW, MM stopped including the compass on MMCS equiped Pajeros.
Old 12-05-15
Valued Member

The compass doesn't work on my NS fitted with MMCS.
Old 13-05-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo78u View Post
The compass doesn't work on my NS fitted with MMCS.
Have you checked the actual unit to make sure it is not faulty or come off the loom?