Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 07-04-11
Valued Member

I think I will 'ICE' my Lawyer.

Old 22-05-11

Dragging up a thread with no action for a while I know, but here is my two cents worth...
I work as a firey, and as Wrex said earlier, have never seen an ambulance officer examine the mobile phone of an accident victim at any of the many MVA's I've been to, though I admit it doesn't sound like a bad idea. The actual reason for this post was to share an email received at work and I believe sent throughout SA Govt. employees by SA Health on this topic:

Origins of the I.C.E campaign
The In Case of Emergency (I.C.E) campaign has appeared on popular social media sites such as Facebook and has also been sent across government and social email networks incorrectly labelled as a ?message from the ambulance service?.

The I.C.E campaign encourages everyone to store the number of a person to contact in case of emergency under the name I.C.E. The campaign then goes on to state that in an emergency situation, paramedics and other emergency services personnel can look in patient?s mobile phones for I.C.E contacts.

SA Health and, in particular, SA Ambulance Service, does not support the I.C.E campaign, and our paramedics don?t look for I.C.E numbers in mobile phones in order to alert a patient?s emergency contacts. In an emergency situation, the primary concern of SA Ambulance Service paramedics and ambulance officers is the treatment of patients. Tracking down and notifying next-of-kin is generally the role of SA Police (SAPOL).

The I.C.E campaign is not a fool-proof method for emergency services to identify an emergency contact for a number of reasons; including borrowed mobile phones, multiple patients involved in the incident etc. Whether individuals or families chose this method as a preference within their personal networks is at their discretion.

Take from that what you will, I guess it can't hurt to have it, just realise it may not help either.

Cheers.
Old 17-06-11

I'm also a firey (fire rescue) and in my experience it would be more useful for police than other emergency services. They already have a number of methods for tracking down next of kin so it would be simply another method. Other emergency services don't have the time or reason for checking mobile phones, wallets etc.

Personally, I have it in my phone as I often go for a walk/bike ride without my wallet, but I do take my phone. So if something were to happen to me in that situation, the police would be able to track down the missus.
Old 18-06-11

Smile P.i.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natvander View Post
I'm also a firey (fire rescue) and in my experience it would be more useful for police than other emergency services. They already have a number of methods for tracking down next of kin so it would be simply another method. Other emergency services don't have the time or reason for checking mobile phones, wallets etc.

Personally, I have it in my phone as I often go for a walk/bike ride without my wallet, but I do take my phone. So if something were to happen to me in that situation, the police would be able to track down the missus.
Just remember to disable the auto locking device on your phone!! if you have it on of course.
Old 19-06-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrorejap View Post
Just remember to disable the auto locking device on your phone!! if you have it on of course.
Very true
Old 19-06-11
Resident

As others have said, in case of emergency, I don't want anybody playing silly buggers with my phone. Deal with the farkin' emergency!

Once the emergency is over, then start trying to figure out who I am. Worst case, take the SIM out of my locked or broken phone, stick it in another phone and ask the service provider who owns the number.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 05-07-11

Having ICE number in your mobile phone is really a good idea but what about those people who lock there phones with some security codes
Old 11-10-11

Send a message via MSN to Almighty_Paj

Anyone remember the old medic alert pendant?

http://www.medicalert.org.au/Product...mblem_protects

A little more effective than just an ICE, your whole medical history available immediately inc. if you're you know diabetic, allergic to a particular medicine etc etc.

Your opinion wrex?
1986 NC Pajero 2.6L Astron LWB
Old 11-10-11

Most if not all business phones would have a password protection.

Honky
Old 11-10-11
Valued Member

Yep we always check the medic alert bracelets/necklaces bloody good idea.