Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 13-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
With reference to the attached article, did your earlier change of scv also receive a re-learning process ?

Is it possible that the existing ecu setting with the replacement scv was borderline for fuel pressure at idle and a little use caused it to drop below par ?
Attachment 43318

It did. Ran beautifully for about 3000k's then the lumpy idle started. Hi Tec Diesel said the second SCV was not the correct one for the PC. I bought the one they said was, it also has the same part number as my original one. Car now runs perfectly once again.
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 28-03-20
Valued Member

Pulled the EGR and gave it a clean this morning, yes i have an EGR mod but i still want the ECU to see the EGR as functioning well.
The EGR was coated in oil and degreaser made short work of the build up.

If anyone is thinking of doing this, it is an easy job, took all of 1 hour from go to done. Better access is gained if you remove the battery.

The 4 bolts that hold the EGR on had some corrosion on them, wire brush cleaned them up and some copper anti seize should slow the further build up.

The car has 117k km's on it and is running very well indeed.

Might pull and clean the intercooler too and give it a clean, last time i did there was oil inside and the fins were filthy, these two factors combined would certainly decrease the intercoolers efficiency.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200328_101711_resized(1).jpg (190.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 20200328_102838_resized.jpg (193.3 KB, 45 views)
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 28-03-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amec View Post
Pulled the EGR and gave it a clean this morning, yes i have an EGR mod but i still want the ECU to see the EGR as functioning well.
The EGR was coated in oil and degreaser made short work of the build up.

If anyone is thinking of doing this, it is an easy job, took all of 1 hour from go to done. Better access is gained if you remove the battery.

The 4 bolts that hold the EGR on had some corrosion on them, wire brush cleaned them up and some copper anti seize should slow the further build up.

The car has 117k km's on it and is running very well indeed.

Might pull and clean the intercooler too and give it a clean, last time i did there was oil inside and the fins were filthy, these two factors combined would certainly decrease the intercoolers efficiency.
Don't use copper antiseize. It will cause it to seize due to the metals involved!!! Use nickel in this situation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 28-03-20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsperka View Post
Don't use copper antiseize. It will cause it to seize due to the metals involved!!! Use nickel in this situation.

Most industries are changing over to metal free anti seize.
https://www.australianmining.com.au/...our-equipment/

I switched from copper to nickel about 15 years ago and my next purchase for home will be metal free. I have been using the food grade metal free for several years with not problems but the environment the machinery is in is much kinder that those a vehicle operates in.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 28-03-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Most industries are changing over to metal free anti seize.

https://www.australianmining.com.au/...our-equipment/

I switched from copper to nickel about 15 years ago and my next purchase for home will be metal free. I have been using the food grade metal free for several years with not problems but the environment the machinery is in is much kinder that those a vehicle operates in.

OJ.
Don't disagree, as environmental concerns are around any metal anti seize. However, is nickel better than copper for the situation described?

Old 28-03-20
Valued Member

Oh well, its all back together now. Including a cleaner intercooler, dead bugs, mud and dust removed and oil removed from the innards. Having a catch can doesnt mean no oil mist gets through but it does reduce it for sure.
I will look for a different antiseize for next time.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 10-04-20
Valued Member

Added an Anderson plug to the panel in the back for the fridge as I thought the merits were playing up. It turns out my auxiliary is now shagged....
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 11-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamitsi View Post
Added an Anderson plug to the panel in the back for the fridge as I thought the merits were playing up. It turns out my auxiliary is now shagged....
You will be happier with your fridge doing that. A nice stable connection.
Old 11-04-20

2 New batteries under the bonnet, changed fuel filter and installed my idrive
Old 11-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsChallenger View Post
2 New batteries under the bonnet

Yep that's me.....