• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfer82
    • Aug 2010
    • Brisbane

Fantastic!!!

Thank you very much!
    This works in my MY10DID GL. Can someone put a post in the NT/NW section as well!!?

I am sure there are still so many people that haven't done this yet!
    MY10 DID GL, Mitsu alloy bar, Spotties, Bash plates, Sony DD DVD with rev cam, Dobinsons with Lovell shocks, BFG's.

Comment

• TheTaipan
      Banned
      • Jan 2009
      • sydney

It's all in the book.

Do you know if your turn the knob that you push to reset the trip computer it adjusts the brightness of your dash lights.

Yep, that's in the book too.

Wonderful things instruction books.

Comment

• Surfer82
        • Aug 2010
        • Brisbane

Hehe sure did Taipan. Only found it in the book because I couldn't see the speedo during the day!

I also looked in the book to see why on earth they put a card holder where a perfectly good coin holder used to be! Does anyone actually use that thing!!?

Anywho. What I might be getting at is that many people don't actually read their manuals front to back and rather access them when they need to look for something thus, they (me) might miss the smaller important details.

Thanks again. Love this forum!
        MY10 DID GL, Mitsu alloy bar, Spotties, Bash plates, Sony DD DVD with rev cam, Dobinsons with Lovell shocks, BFG's.

Comment

• dr_johan
          • Mar 2013
          • Sweden

Just can't get the alarm trick to work. Do you know if the alarmfunction is installed in European cars? I'm unlocking the car with the key, opening the driversdoor and leaving it open, pulling the wiper-lever towards me and holding it in that position : Nothing happens.......

Any idea?

The car is located in Sweden...
          2008 3.2Did Auto. General Grabber AT2 285/60 r18

Comment

• Silverfox
            • Apr 2010
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by dr_johan View Post
            Just can't get the alarm trick to work. Do you know if the alarmfunction is installed in European cars? I'm unlocking the car with the key, opening the driversdoor and leaving it open, pulling the wiper-lever towards me and holding it in that position : Nothing happens.......

Any idea?

The car is located in Sweden...
            Are you sure its not already armed?

Lock the car and then go stand in front of it. Look at the middle of the dash, you should see a red light flashing on and off. If its flashing your alarm is armed.

I would assume they all have alarms. If your manual refers to an alarm and how to arm it, then it would have one.

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

All this time I thought my alarm was on. It's not and never has been.

Regarding the horn. Replace with Stebel Nautilus Air Horn. 139dB and the stock
              circuit can take the load.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• dr_johan
                • Mar 2013
                • Sweden

Originally posted by Silverfox View Post
                Are you sure its not already armed?

Lock the car and then go stand in front of it. Look at the middle of the dash, you should see a red light flashing on and off. If its flashing your alarm is armed.

I would assume they all have alarms. If your manual refers to an alarm and how to arm it, then it would have one.
                Unfortunately it doesn't flash any red light and I can't read about it in the manual...
                2008 3.2Did Auto. General Grabber AT2 285/60 r18

Comment

• MattE
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Boyne Island, Qld

Thanks for the post, checked this morning and the alarm wasn't set. Switched it on and the red light on the top of the dash is flashing now
                  2008 NS Pajero Platinum Diesel Auto

King springs, Bilstein Shocks. Was BF Goodrich now Bridgestone D697 275/65R17

Comment

• k2000
                    • Mar 2013
                    • Melbourne

Thanks Mike

Pajero NS 2008 GLX
                    3.2 DiD

Tinted Bonnet Protector, Factory Side Steps, Reverse Camera, Front Weathershields, Full Body Gyeon Paint Protection and Window Protection

Comment

• Rado
                      • Sep 2011
                      • Manchester

Am'I stupid or something is wrong.

Heeeeelp please. Having 2011 Pajero which never had alarm activated.At last I decided to activate the alarm but can't make the damn thing work (even my wife tried and was with me whilst I gave it a go to make sure all is correct).
                      I use to have a BMW bike where in order to activate self canceling indicators you've had to keep one finger of your right hand stuck in your nose,another finger in your butt,facing sout-west,counting till 50 and then singing German national anthem.... and I managed.
                      But Mitsubishis way of doing things is beyond my understanding.

Comment

• craka
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Rado View Post
                        Heeeeelp please. Having 2011 Pajero which never had alarm activated.At last I decided to activate the alarm but can't make the damn thing work (even my wife tried and was with me whilst I gave it a go to make sure all is correct).
                        I use to have a BMW bike where in order to activate self canceling indicators you've had to keep one finger of your right hand stuck in your nose,another finger in your butt,facing sout-west,counting till 50 and then singing German national anthem.... and I managed.
                        But Mitsubishis way of doing things is beyond my understanding.
                        You would appear to have a NT so you may find more acurate info in the Generation 4-2 forum. However the NS has a red led that flashes on the very top of dash when alarm is set to 'alarmed' it may beep or it may not depends on configuration for dealer I think.
                        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Goodsy
                          Who ya gunna call....
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Hervey Bay

All mine does is remind me I've unlocked a door not using the button or I've stepped out of a locked PJ not using the button.
                          Pretty useless really. And the noise is laughable.
                          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Rado
                            • Sep 2011
                            • Manchester

Originally posted by craka View Post
                            You would appear to have a NT so you may find more acurate info in the Generation 4-2 forum. However the NS has a red led that flashes on the very top of dash when alarm is set to 'alarmed' it may beep or it may not depends on configuration for dealer I think.

Yes I've got an NT, but NS-NT-NW cars are in my opinion so identical it (in my opinion doesn't even make much sense to keep them separated in forum), are there any other really significant differences in between NS/NT than steel vs aluminium bonnet and in NT slightly more powerful engine? I also have a LED on the top of the dash-just mine doesn't flash. Instructions in the book are the same as scarecrow73 wrote earlier(his even a retard would understand) and no success. Just want to avoid to look like an idiot when visiting a dealer which could sort it in 2 minutes.

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • Adelaide

Try this? I don't have the manual with me at the moment, but i was playing with the alarm settings a few weeks ago.... lets see if i can remember what i did!!

Get in car
                              close all doors
                              keys in ignition
                              switch keys to on position
                              open drivers door
                              switch keys back to lock position
                              remove keys from ignition
                              pull the wiper stalk back towards you
                              hold it for 10 to 15 seconds
                              it will beep at you
                              do not let go of the wiper stalk
                              when the beeping stops press the unlock button on the remote
                              still keep the wiper stalk pulled towards you
                              it will beep once for deactivated or 3 times for activated
                              press the unlock button again if needed to get the 3 beeps
                              once you have the 3 beeps you can let go of the wiper stalk
                              shut drivers door while still in car and press the lock button

you should now hear the car beeping solidly from inside the car to warn of alarm about to activate... unlock and your good to go..... MAYBE! haha
                              | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                              | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                              | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                              | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• JoshF
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                                All mine does is remind me I've unlocked a door not using the button or I've stepped out of a locked PJ not using the button.
                                Pretty useless really. And the noise is laughable.
                                I believe its job is to let you know your car was broken into a few minutes ago
                                NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                                Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X