• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green_Beret
    • Feb 2017
    • Serpentine, Perth

Custom PIDs for NX

Hi All. Does anyone have or know of extended / custom OBD II PIDS to use with Torque Pro. Specifically for transmission and TCC. Cheers Brett
    2015 Pajero NX

265/70R18 BFG KO2; 2" lift via Bilstein shocks, Dobinsons coils & airbags; Black ECB bar; Tracklander full length roof rack (factory rails removed); Dual battery setup - Redarc unit BCDC 25A; GME radio; Munji EGR delete; MM 4x4 Auto-Mate; OBDLink with torque pro.
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

All the info is in this link somewhere

2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Green_Beret
      • Feb 2017
      • Serpentine, Perth

Thanks Keith. I have looked into this in some detail and still not 100% sure...

There appears to be three methods for reading the auto transmission temps that I have come across:

1 - the PID posted by Glenn on this forum which I have got to work on my NX with Torque.

2 - Advanced EX for Mitsubishi plugin (available on Google Play) for Torque which allows you to select the Pajero IV 4M41 as the car model for its custom PIDs of which ATF is one.

The difference between 1 & 2 is exactly 10deg with 2 being higher and reading in 70's to 90's in normal driving conditions. Which is the accurate PID?

3 - The demonstration video posted by MM4x4 of their auto-mate system appears to show what looks like an Ultragauge that reads the two sensors associated with the auto transmission. One called Pan which is for the large oil reservoir and the other ATF which reads the pipe temperature output of the torque converter. The ATF rises and falls much more rapidly than the Pan. This is due to the oil going out of the torque converter through the transmission cooler then back into the reservoir (all of this is explained in the demo).

So I suspect the PID in 1 or 2 reads the ATF but is there a PID to read the Pan (large oil reservoir)?

Incidentally I have ordered an auto-mate as one of the benefits of locking the torque converter is that it keeps the Pan & ATF temps the same and prevents the heat from building up in the first place.

Happy for any further advice on this.

Cheers Brett
      2015 Pajero NX

265/70R18 BFG KO2; 2" lift via Bilstein shocks, Dobinsons coils & airbags; Black ECB bar; Tracklander full length roof rack (factory rails removed); Dual battery setup - Redarc unit BCDC 25A; GME radio; Munji EGR delete; MM 4x4 Auto-Mate; OBDLink with torque pro.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Hi Brett,

Glenn's "f-50" formula is correct for the Pajero Aisin transmission. M_and_m has confirmed that it produces the same values as a Mut-3.

To read the pan Temperature, change the formula to "g-50" - this uses the next byte in the string sent by the trans ecu.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Green_Beret
          • Feb 2017
          • Serpentine, Perth

Thanks Scott. Your information is spot on, works well on Torque.

Cheers
          Brett
          2015 Pajero NX

Comment

• Bryanlog
            • May 2015
            • Townsville

Not sure if anyone could assist or not but seem to be having a problem with getting the transmission temp to register on my Torque pro with the elm327 dongle. I had it working a couple of weeks ago following the steps with adding the custom PID. Mine seems to differ slightly as i have the Jeep/ Chrysler etc however when goingi into the PID to set the parameters there is no GM options, however as mentioned it all worked a couple of weeks ago. Only thing I did was delete (what I thought were the PID that I was not using) for the trannie temp. I have tried uninstalling Torque Pro reinstalling again , deleting all the customs PID and plug in PID’s and setting up again as per the parameters in the threads, however still no go. Any ideas of what I can do to get it to work again? Cheers

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2013
              • Sydney

Did you unpair the phone from the dongle as well?
              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Bryanlog
                • May 2015
                • Townsville

Hmmm , I didn’t consciously do it but did notice that I had to search for it again so am assuming that it did. I know is dangerous to assume. I will try uninstalling Torque pro again and unpair then start all over again. I just can’t figure out what changed as was all working welll a couple of weeks ago. Cheers Bryan.

Comment

• gen1
                  • Nov 2012
                  • Melbourne

I'm struggling with this also, I don't have the GM method when i start going through the options in Settings. Changing the formula, following the instructions, results in wildly fluctuating temp readouts, showing anything from -25 deg to 85deg instantly.
                  2016 NX GLX. ARB bullbar, Safari snorkel, dual batteries, diesel prefilter, flashlube catch can, FrontRunner rack with foxwing awning and custom under awning lights, towbar, Drifta Drawers, Terrain Tamer suspension

Comment

• Bryanlog
                    • May 2015
                    • Townsville

I don’t even get that anymore, stays blank and does not have the small green LED flashing to indicate it is reading anything.

Comment

• Px2
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Auckland/NZ

I connect my issue here...
                      I have 2014 NX (it's about 800ish looking into VIN) so early one.

I'm trying to get ATF temp reading by any way. I tried EX addon to torque and no luck. Then I gave a try of this one:

But no luck either. No reading no matter I use f-50 or g-50. However where on EX addon I'm not getting reading at all, I do have reading with setting up PID manually, but in both cases (f,g) I'm getting -51.

Any experts on that knowing is it possible to get reading for ATF on this car?

And one more - is it possible to get EGT reading too? Standard PIDs from Torque seem inactive for that.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Sydney

Could be your dongle, which one are you using?

As for EGT - afaik there is no egt sensor so therefore nothing to be displayed.
                        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                          Could be your dongle, which one are you using?

As for EGT - afaik there is no egt sensor so therefore nothing to be displayed.
                          Agreed. I believe NS has a temp sensor for DPF burns, and later NX may have something similar. In between, you need an aftermarket system for EGT monitoring.

For your transmission temps, I suspect your system is reading the wrong parameter ID. The "2102" might be need to be programmed as "Mode 21" and "Parameter 02". Can you post some screen captures of your programming?
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Patagonia
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

For EGT in the NS I used cat1 or cat2 temp (dont remember) though its not exactly egt it gives a good idea, when regererating the dfp it went over 650c !
                            2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
                            Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
                            31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
                            2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Px2
                              • Feb 2019
                              • Auckland/NZ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                              Agreed. I believe NS has a temp sensor for DPF burns, and later NX may have something similar. In between, you need an aftermarket system for EGT monitoring.

For your transmission temps, I suspect your system is reading the wrong parameter ID. The "2102" might be need to be programmed as "Mode 21" and "Parameter 02". Can you post some screen captures of your programming?

Retested just now and it says no response.
                              Screenshots take while torque/car been disconnected but test been done when connected to the car.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X