• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _jp_
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Adelaide Hills, SA

Tommi Makinen Evo Lancer

I've been after a TME for some time now and have not found anything for sale in Australia that I have been happy with. I was after something relatively stock to retain some more long term value due to the limited number of cars built. Most of the ones already here have been modified too much for my liking so I have been scouring the auctions in Japan for a good few months with little joy. Until today. I won this Tommi this afternoon so hopefully I'll take delivery of it in about 6 weeks time. Not a bad Christmas present

I'm expecting a stack more photos to come though in the next few days once payment has been processed and it makes its way to the docks, so Ill post up some more then.

Sure, I would have loved a red one with the decals, but the prices on these has gone bananas over the last few years so I had to settle for the more conventional white. All of the stickers are still available form Mitsubishi in Japan so I'll probably get a set. I know its a bit boy-racer, but having followed rallying though the 90's and 00's, I always knew I wanted a TME.

Anyway I'll hopefully post up some more info and pics over the coming weeks as I receive them.
    Attached Files
    NW GLXR - SOLD
    --------------
    EVO 6 TME
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Nice.......very very nice
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Its truly a gem ...the million dollar question. . What's it owe you landed .. and what other costs will involve getting it Aus approved ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• _jp_
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        Its truly a gem ...the million dollar question. . What's it owe you landed .. and what other costs will involve getting it Aus approved ..

I'd set myself a budget of $30k for everything (landed, complied, etc) and was pleased that this one came in under that. Other than the actual purchase price of the car, other costs include agent fee, quarantine, compliance, customs and taxes. It also varies depending on the exchange rate and any additional transportation within Australia.

5 years ago, a red (most desirable) TME could have been landed and complied for under $20k. Red ones now start at $40k and go up from there. In a way I'm quite late to the party so have had to pay a premium but prices just seem to be going up and up as they become harder to find. Also once they're eligible for import to the US under their 25 year rule, I expect the value to increase as it has with GT-Rs, Supras, RX7s, etc. Well, thats my longer term thoughts and in the mean time I plan to get much enjoyment out of this.
        NW GLXR - SOLD
        --------------
        EVO 6 TME

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

Nice! I’m seriously jealous!! I would love even “just” an EVO

Depending on the cost, I would get at least 2 sets of decals (1 for fitting now and 1 to be future proof incase a decal gets damaged after they are no longer available).
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• jkwpajero
            • Jun 2008
            • Young, NSW

I have not even met you but I don't like you. At all. Owning a TME is a dream, so well done you. I think I would rather have a really nice Pajero Evo, at my stage of life. I will never be able to afford one though. Still, I dream.

James
            2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• haggis
              • Jun 2007

The Tommi version of the evolution 6 is definitely an awesome machine. Have ridden n several evo's as a co-driver and they are definitely impressive in the hands of the right steerer! Much better than the equivalent WRX. I am glad to hear you are looking to keep it a bit original, rather than boy racer it!!

My other mitsubishi four wheel drive is the Ralliart lancer. It's based on Evo x, with a few lower spec components, but still the same engine and box. The 4b11 is an amazing motor for its size. I have upgraded to the evo x turbo and exhaust and that is a huge difference!!

Good luck with the Tommi, can't wait to see more pics! Although the red versions are more desirable, I reckon long term, the lesser wanted whites will see more demand. Also reckon u should get the sticker kit and just leave it off the car. Imagine the commodore bogans surprise when they are left for dead by a basic looking lancer with 'just a body kit!!!'

Cheers
              Haggis
              92 NH GLS Pirahna dual battery system, Lightforce Blitz240 hid spots, cibie spreads, Bilstiens each corner, Lovells rear coils, custom drawer system, ARB roofrack, side awning, ARB twin jerry holder, MSA drop slide, GME TX3440, custom wiring harness for second battery.

Comment

• _jp_
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2013
                • Adelaide Hills, SA

I got a stack more photos sent to me, so here are a few.

Its been sitting a while so it will need a good wash and polish. Interior is very clean and there is very little wear on the seats. Remember its 2000 so 17 years old.

The wheels are Evo 6, not TME ones. I'll be keeping an eye out for a set of TME wheels as I'd like to keep it stock for future resale. Also a few other incidental things I want to return to stock such as gear knob, gear boot, hand brake and aftermarket HIDs.

Not sure about the boost gauge, mud flaps or pedals. The auction sheet states they all genuine Mitsubishi options so might leave them for the time being.

Its done 72000kms which oddly enough just ticked over on my NW Pajero.

A few things need tidying up under the bonnet, but mainly just painting heat shields and lettering on covers, etc.
                Attached Files
                NW GLXR - SOLD
                --------------
                EVO 6 TME

Comment

• Silver Bullet
                  • Dec 2016
                  • Gold Coast

That’s awesome, my dream car would be either the ST185 or ST205 GT4 Rally Celica from the early 90’s. I can imagine your excitement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• _jp_
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Adelaide Hills, SA

Shipping has been organised and will leave Japan in the next 2 weeks.
                    NW GLXR - SOLD
                    --------------
                    EVO 6 TME

Comment

• Phil
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • Sydney

Sweet ride, Nice Christmas present.
                      MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• chrisall
                        • Sep 2016
                        • WA

Awesome,

which of the Japanese auction sites do you recommend?

Cheers,
                        2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• _jp_
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by chrisall View Post
                          which of the Japanese auction sites do you recommend?
                          Most of the popular Australian sites all offer similar service for around the same price. Some of the companies are

J-Spec Imports
                          Prestige Imports
                          Iron Chef Imports

They all have a good reputation and its a matter of finding someone you are comfortable with.
                          NW GLXR - SOLD
                          --------------
                          EVO 6 TME

Comment

• Hatto
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Mandurah WA

That looks cool!
                            Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                            ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Arcticsoldier
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Australia

congrats on the car mate.
                              welcome to the evo club and join the ozevolution if you havent already done so for more info and group meets.
                              I imported a 8MR in 2010 from irev.com.au.
                              cheaper but took longer to get the car in my hands due to them doing multiple cars at a time with less workers.
                              2013 Ninja 300
                              Ford Everest Titanium MY17 - Rhino racks, Rola titan tray, Provent 200 catch can, Donaldson prefilter, HIDs allround

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X