• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SenojNW
    • Feb 2016
    • Perth

Originally posted by woffleon View Post
    If there was a "patch" to remove it would you download it?

Hell yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• fester
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Gympie Qld

If there was a "patch" to remove it would you download it?
      Sign me up. It might not be dangerous but it certainly is annoying especially as it's forced upon you.

Comment

• Jizza
        • May 2016
        • Adelaide

Just to be clear..this is the NAG screen on Pajero sport that comes up each time the ignition is turned on even from accessories.

[ATTACH]34514[/ATTACH]

"Be Sure To Read This" and then.....
        "Read Owners Manual"....

The more I think about it the more it becomes a hazard and nuisance cause it takes bout 20secs to come up and by then ur in drive and moving off then its a driving distraction trying to hone in on the "Agree" button. ADR should have something to say about this.

Spose we should be thankful its not a questionnaire with multiple choice answers....
        I have found lately the most annoying thing for me is the bloody nag screen agree button sits right over where the end phone call button is..... get a business phone call at just the wrong time after starting your car and reach to agree to the bloody nag screen just as the phone call comes in and mid press it turns to the end phone call button, and you hang up on your customer.

Has happened a few times lately. I have a separate GPS Nav unit that does the same thing with it's nag screen, but after 10 seconds it removes itself with no need to agree with it, get's the over-bearing stupid commonsense safety message out of the way for the company, but proves little annoyance for the driver, this is what Mitsi should have done and should do to fix the pesky nag.

Mitsi have always had these incessant ridiculous warnings, my outlander would not even cancel the nag to use the reverse camera, I guess atleast they have made on e step forward in that regard. I think they have an inherent mistrust for us crazy thrill seeking round eyes

Comment

• woffleon
          • Jul 2016
          • NSW

Who and how would be able to fix this ? Im sure its just a single command line in the boot sequence on the unit. Id pay good money for a fix!!!
          Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Who and how would be able to fix this ? Im sure its just a single command line in the boot sequence on the unit. Id pay good money for a fix!!!
            You'd think so. There is a thread here somewhere by a member who started disassembling the machine code, and found it very complicated. The thread seemed to peter out & die.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• woffleon
              • Jul 2016
              • NSW

There maybe a way to change the startup screen image by holding down Vol down and menu buttons and then reset boot image to one on a flash drive but whether this overwrites the nag screen not sure. System backup is via this process so maybe a sys restore from an edited one is the way.

More research needed for this but gauging from response to this thread it might be popular
              Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• fester
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Gympie Qld

I'm sure there are plenty of Ps and Pajero owners who will want this.

I did read that link and wonder if there is something covering the fact you have to press the "Agree" button every time to clear the intro screen. No point having your own custom intro screen if it doesn't automatically clear.

Comment

• Jas2909
                  • Feb 2016
                  • Penrith NSW

Yeah I'd pay to remove that screen. I'd also love to have the auto shut off video screen removed, 9once u get above 8-10kmh the video shuts off, annoying for my android media device

Comment

• woffleon
                    • Jul 2016
                    • NSW

Yeah ...Im gunna lay it on the dealer pretty hard when the PS goes in for its first service. I know others have asked for it to be "updated" in the hope the NAG screen goes and know what the answer will be but this may go back to Mitsubishi and then on to JVC Kenwood. If they dont do anything it wont be long before we have a "hack" do it. They did listen when sales suggested they release the 7 seat version of the Pajero Sport so theres hope yet.

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

The sphincter police will argue that from one day to the next Mitsubishi never know when a new driver is jumping behind the wheel for the first time.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• woffleon
                        • Jul 2016
                        • NSW

Thats a nobrainer... easily fixed with software these days as most require your details/password that is "remembered". It is an admission that the software on the unit is pretty primitive and as all devices these days would and should be reviewed and updated.

Comment

• Jas2909
                          • Feb 2016
                          • Penrith NSW

Thats a nobrainer... easily fixed with software these days as most require your details/password that is "remembered". It is an admission that the software on the unit is pretty primitive and as all devices these days would and should be reviewed and updated.

I'd love it to be moved but MM won't have a clue, it will be up to a 3rd party to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

You're proposing a password every time you start your car?

You enter your password / details, drive to the pub & get hammered. You give me your keys so I can drive you home. Do I get a nag screen or not?

But I do agree with your assessment that the system is primitive.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• fester
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
                              Yeah I'd pay to remove that screen. I'd also love to have the auto shut off video screen removed, 9once u get above 8-10kmh the video shuts off, annoying for my android media device
                              you might want to have a gander through the Pajero section. I think it was Pickle that removed the speed sensor signal from the NX Pajero headunit and I would expect there is a very good chance that the NX and PS units are near identical.

Comment

• Djlech
                                • Dec 2015
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by fester View Post
                                you might want to have a gander through the Pajero section. I think it was Pickle that removed the speed sensor signal from the NX Pajero headunit and I would expect there is a very good chance that the NX and PS units are near identical.
                                Units are the same. There is only one problem with doing the mod you will get another nag screen with no speed sensor connected.

People already work on alternative apps to Android Auto that will allow you to mirror phone screen and use different apps.
                                It will take time but some of the protocols have been already well documented.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X