Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 23-04-19

Default Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill65 View Post
I have had auto mate for a little while now. It works well on the hills I don’t see any low fuel economy without towing. On the western highway up through Bacchus Marsh it will stay in 5th lock I use to drop to 4 gear in sports mode to keep temps down.Next week I will see towing the van.this is why I got one for towing.big thanks to Marshall for it
When out over the Easter long weekend towing my coromal 402 off-road van 1.9t with the auto mate. What a difference it made I use to drive in sports mode 70% of the time now.I just leave it in drive 90% of the time. It changes too fourth when hits a hill stays locked .what more would you want.if you tow it’s Worth the money no more Reving the crap out of the motor
Old 24-05-19

After a lot of thought, and research, my order has been placed for an Automate for my NW Pajero. Having it fitted well before our next towing trip will allow some testing to be done.

James
Old 31-05-19

My Automate kit has arrived and I am really impressed with the quality of the components, and I am a picky old fart. Very nicely done Marshall. I will get it fitted in the next couple of weeks and start testing it out.

James
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I would like to hear anyone's experience with using the Auto-mate with a tuned or chipped Pajero. My next logical step is to increase the power and torque of my Paj for towing but I'm unsure if this will have any ill effects on the Auto-mate gear selection and TCC locking etc.

Cheers,

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, Auto-mate TC lockup, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Ordered my kit today - hopefully delivered and installed before my trip to fraser in july👍👍
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Wow arrived in quick time 👍 thanks Marshall - fitting instructions seem easy to follow so Iíll have a crack at installing myself - excited to see the difference - everything in the box looks well made and presented - will leave some feedback on how it performs on my trip to qld/glasshouse/fraser in 2 weeks😎
Old 1 Week Ago

I fitted my Automate today and it took a little longer than I wished for, despite pre-fitting the switch and running the wiring across. I am a self confessed pedantic old curmudgeon so I just took my time. Fitting the wiring into the plugs under the console was the easiest part. I think that the wires from the gold resistor could be a little longer, maybe 30mm, as it would be easier to keep them away from the sharp edges of the ECR cover. I just glued on some rubber edging to protect them. I did a 45k road test on default setting and it all worked as it should. The gear changes are a little harsher no doubt, but in time I will get used to that.

James
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwpajero View Post
I think that the wires from the gold resistor could be a little longer, maybe 30mm, as it would be easier to keep them away from the sharp edges of the ECR cover. I just glued on some rubber edging to protect them.
James
Thanks for the feedback James. Thatís an easy improvement and Iíll roll it into future deliveries.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
Thanks for the feedback James. Thatís an easy improvement and Iíll roll it into future deliveries.
Marshall, I think the added length of the resister wiring would give some leeway in where it is mounted. I mounted mine as per the instructions and trimmed the plastic surround as you have. I found when running the wiring up above the ECU mounting bracket cover it made it a little tight, but OK. I glued some rubber channel on the sharp edges of the ECU mounting bracket cover as well. Can't be too careful. The hardest part now will be to train the co driver in the use of the Automate.

James
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwpajero View Post
Marshall, I think the added length of the resister wiring would give some leeway in where it is mounted. I mounted mine as per the instructions and trimmed the plastic surround as you have. I found when running the wiring up above the ECU mounting bracket cover it made it a little tight, but OK. I glued some rubber channel on the sharp edges of the ECU mounting bracket cover as well. Can't be too careful. The hardest part now will be to train the co driver in the use of the Automate.

James

No training required. Just turn it on and leave it on. Mines been faultless since I installed it months ago.