Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 15-04-19
Valued Member

I had the same problem. The thread is actually just cut into the flat metal that is ‘mushroomed’. I drilled the thread out, ground the metal flat and then welded on a pair of high tensile nuts (so next time hopefully the bolt will strip first)

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 15-04-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
I had the same problem. The thread is actually just cut into the flat metal that is ‘mushroomed’. I drilled the thread out, ground the metal flat and then welded on a pair of high tensile nuts (so next time hopefully the bolt will strip first)
Oops. Good point.

I was picturing my bolts going into welded nuts. Kinda forgot mine's not standard.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 16-04-19
Valued Member

I have found that those bolts cross thread very easily. They take a bit of patience to ensure they are starting in easily before tightening with a tool. One of my bolts was partially cross threaded possibly by the dealer and now it takes care to ensure it is not cross threaded before tightening.
Peter