• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Small sample oil filter price comparison

Bought a RYCO oil filter for the NX the other day from Repco. Was $40 but regular price is $50 odd. Called the dealership this morning and genuine filter (anybody know who makes them? Probably multiple suppliers) was $67.

Called Truck Brake in Kirrawee and a Donaldson is $27. Beauty. He also said the RYCOs are rubbish. I’ll pick up a Donaldson today and return the RYCO.

Couldn’t find the right Fleetguard product on the Cummins website.

Feel free to add other price comparisons if you know them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ausdigga
    • Sep 2013
    • East Gippsland

Filter alternative

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
    Bought a RYCO oil filter for the NX the other day from Repco. Was $40 but regular price is $50 odd. Called the dealership this morning and genuine filter (anybody know who makes them? Probably multiple suppliers) was $67.

Called Truck Brake in Kirrawee and a Donaldson is $27. Beauty. He also said the RYCOs are rubbish. I’ll pick up a Donaldson today and return the RYCO.

The Fleetguard equivalent is LF 3830 and has a drain plug to make it easier to remove without an oil spill , my local truck outlet sells them at between $15 --$18.
    Pajero NW,2013 GLX.R Full egr block,catch can, spare wheel lifter, bushskinz plates, full width shelf,engel fridge, OME suspension and 50mm lift, SPV mod.BD Aux tank, fan cooled transmission cooler with more to come! Towing an Opalite 540 caravan.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Ausdigga View Post
      The Fleetguard equivalent is LF 3830 and has a drain plug to make it easier to remove without an oil spill , my local truck outlet sells them at between $15 --$18.

Excellent thanks for this. The Nippon Max I took off also had a drain plug - first filter I have ever changed with a drain plug and I must say it is a great idea. My truck outlet will probably have the Fleetguard too.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

$62.50 at Tynan's Kirrawee. Had to get one on short notice because I thought I had one and didn't confirm before removing the old one. Otherwise I find OEM filters for around $45 via eBay.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
          $62.50 at Tynan's Kirrawee. Had to get one on short notice because I thought I had one and didn't confirm before removing the old one. Otherwise I find OEM filters for around $45 via eBay.
          Haha yep, that was the dealer I mentioned in my original post... I got the price wrong sorry, I said $67. You should check out Truck Brake on corner of Bath Road and The Boulevard... I got the Donaldson filter kit (oil filter, air filter and primary fuel filter) for not much over $80 last Fri. Liam his name is from memory, and a very friendly and helpful bloke.

Comment

• rykiel575
            • Sep 2017
            • Sydney

For me my go to is Fleetguard followed by wesfil/cooper/nippon max.

If you want genuine an alternative is to go to a place that supplies mitsubishi fuso and get a filter marketed for the fuso trucks but will fit the pajero. I think i bought a genuine filter for $33 2 years ago before i discovered fleetguard.
            2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post

Rycos are rubbish. Bloke is a wanker. I,LL BET HE DOESNT SELL THEM. Nothing wrong with them and as good as any other quality filter. They have been around for over 70 years and even as a young bloke I was using them in cars and trucks. Anyone who rubbishes Ryco as being shit shouldnt be in the automotive game..
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• rykiel575
                • Sep 2017
                • Sydney

Im sure they are a fine filter, but they are twice the price as any of the other quality brands but i bet they aren't twice as good.
                2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2017
                  • Sydney

Small sample oil filter price comparison

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
                  Im sure they are a fine filter, but they are twice the price as any of the other quality brands but i bet they aren't twice as good.
                  Yep I agree, you may well be right Dicko and I’ve certainly used plenty of Rycos and ignored the well publicised “rubbish” claims in the past - I was just reproducing his opinion - but ultimately the Donaldson was heaps cheaper ($27 vs $40-45) so the Ryco was returned to Repco on that basis alone.

Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 04-12-18, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• MARKx4
                    • Dec 2015
                    • Penrith

Never knew of Fleetguard until I read this, do they sell all filters for our Pajero?
                    I have a 2012 NW and if they do seek all filters (air,oil,fuel and cabin) can someone throw up part numbers please.

Comment

• rykiel575
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Sydney

For fleetguard id stick with just oil/fuel.

For cabin and air id go for wesfil.. not sure if thats the brand but comes in a blueish box and is around $20-30
                      2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• MARKx4
                        • Dec 2015
                        • Penrith

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
                        For fleetguard id stick with just oil/fuel.

For cabin and air id go for wesfil.. not sure if thats the brand but comes in a blueish box and is around $20-30
                        Do you have oil and fuel codes?
                        Do Fleetguard do air filters?

Comment

• rykiel575
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Sydney

not on me.

i will probably look them up when i go get bulk filters in a few weeks (probably after the new year).
                          there should be a catalog online.
                          2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X