• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aspey
    • Dec 2015
    • Great Southern Land

Leaving Rear Door Open?

I find it handy to leave the rear door open when camping. I turn the interior light off so I don't drain the battery. Is this okay for the rear door or could it sag the door hinges over time?
    NP VRX DID
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

I leave mine open quite a bit to let the fridge get some air but not overnight. So far it's been fine. I changed all my interior lights to led so no issue if I forget to turn them off, which I've done often
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• vladguan
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      I leave mine open quite a bit to let the fridge get some air but not overnight. So far it's been fine. I changed all my interior lights to led so no issue if I forget to turn them off, which I've done often

Not sure about the older generation Pajeros but the gen 4, at least with the NX, all interior lights turn off after 30 minutes, whether manully turned on or automatically turned on with door.
      Please call me Vlad.
      -----------------------
      MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Aspey
        • Dec 2015
        • Great Southern Land

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
        Yeah same, I open up the back during the day to cool down the interior which helps save power for the fridge. Just have to watch out for the wind catching the huge rear door.
        NP VRX DID

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

I doubt any major sag would occur in my opinion.

Also if leaving a door open the interior lights will go out after ar9und 20 minutes or so in case you do forget.
          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Wazzap
            • Sep 2015
            • NSW

Originally posted by Aspey View Post
            Yeah same, I open up the back during the day to cool down the interior which helps save power for the fridge. Just have to watch out for the wind catching the huge rear door.
            The metal check strap on the bottom of the door can lock the door open, so if a large gust of wind comes in it won't slam the door closed.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2013
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Wazzap View Post
              The metal check strap on the bottom of the door can lock the door open, so if a large gust of wind comes in it won't slam the door closed.
              Unless the gust is too big and breaks the poorly designed mechanism which MM tend to then argue isn't a warranted item.
              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X