• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Winston_NJ
    • May 2015
    • Broadmeadows

Pajero recovery point snatch test

Very worthwhile view that demonstrates the factory recovery points are suitable for snatch recovery.

• Bogger
    Unregistered as asked
    • May 2011

Well if that's a 4wd expert and to use his terms quote "well we are well and truly bogged" he needs to get out more.
    That ain't bogged that's just the rear wheels sitting in a depression in the sand

Comment

• Winston_NJ
      • May 2015
      • Broadmeadows

True but really for a deep bog a winch is the option to choose.

Comment

• Bogger
        Unregistered as asked
        • May 2011

No argument here but my point being maybe they shouldn't plug it as
        Pajero off-road snatch recovery demonstration, showing strength of monocoque body construction and recovery points.
        I'd expect a Barina to cope with the forces demonstrated much less a 4x4 but then I guess they are trying to sell cars
        Last edited by Bogger; 21-07-15, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Paul (SA)
          • Apr 2013
          • Australia

I have wondered about suitable recovery points on a Pajero.

Does the Pajero come with a rated recovery point from the factory or do you need an aftermarket recovery point?

I have the factory fitted Pajero tow pack - is this sufficient to be a rated recovery point (obviously not referring to the actual tow ball)?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Mitsubishi didn't Bogger. That was copied & uploaded to YouTube by whomever..

That was done originally by Mitsubishi to show the strength of the Monocoque chassis.. A side benefit is the fact they used the factory hooks which showed they could be used for a snatch recovery, if used in similar circumstances.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them on my NM.. ��

On a side note purchasing a rated recovery hook & then mounting to your vehicle doesn't mean you have a rated recovery point!

The only way for it to be rated, (mounted aftermarket rated recovery hook), as a recovery point is to have an engineer certify it! This is due to where mounted & bolts used!

Gus
            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Bogger
              Unregistered as asked
              • May 2011

Yep stand corrected on that Gus .................. loaded by a whom ever.
              What I was looking at is I didn't see in my opinion what I would call a high load recovery ? As in my second post if a light recovery like that damaged the vehicle it would have to be made out of butter ?
              At the end of the day the man behind the wheel of the towing vehicle will be the decider that determines if your radiator support panel is still in place strong vehicle or not
              ps Your back Gus ? Good trip I take it ? Sent you a few pm's whilst you were away
              Last edited by Bogger; 21-07-15, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X