• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

Blind Service Technicians

Whilst under our GXL-R MY2014 Pajero I noticed a oil leak coming from the front of the sump, no worries the truck was due for its 67500kms service shortly so we will get the Mitsubishi Service Technicians to fix it up.

Well the service was done and written on the Service Job card in very large print "NO Leak!! Found". I was sure it was a leak, but didn't argue the point there and then.

Ok When I got home I cleaned the area and because the leak was not too bad I will wait till the next service and try again.

Next service comes up at 75000km take back to the same dealer somewhere near Fremantle WA and again say "I mentioned this at the last service that the Pajero has a leak at the front of the sump" Ok says Nick (name changed to protect someone) "We will take a look".

Couple of hours pass and we get a call from Nick who says "The Technician can't find a leak and I have been out and taken a look and can't see one either, Can you come down and point the leak out."

Sorry I can't but I can send you some photos I took of the leak.

Didn't hear another word.

We pick up the Pajero and Nick says "Fixed that leak replaced some gaskets and tighten up a few sump bolts. Oh yeah the lighting in the Workshop has a lot of reflective surfaces and you have painted under the truck"

What can you say............
    They know their stuff.
    47.83%
    Pretty Good.
    0.00%
    Not Good / Not Bad.
    39.13%
    I am thinking of changing.
    13.04%
    Cheap, Convenient otherwise I would change.
    0.00%
    Last edited by Pajaru; 22-11-17, 10:58 PM.
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Pajaru View Post
    What can you say............
    Exactly - what can you say ... Maybe, get some better lighting in the workshop ?

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Hill
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Adelaide

A blind service technician would have found the leak. Perhaps by feel.

I suspect it was a technician who didn't look

Hill
      200 Series
      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• RoyHarvey
        • Mar 2008
        • Adelaide

Seeing the problem

Famous quote......

"There are none so blind as those who do not want to see."
        2016 NX Pajero GLX
        Prev....2002 NM petrol passed on to SIL

Comment

• NTPeach
          • Aug 2015
          • Brisbane

When I bought my NT the 90000 major service was due. So I took it to a local dealer and they did the service and gave it back to me with no special notes. A couple of weeks later I find a rear CV is making some noise and when I get under I see a cable tie holding a rubber boot on. So I get a new drive shaft (replacement CV are not available) and go back to the dealer to ask some serious questions. Service manager digs out service paperwork and finds sign off that drive shafts were "inspected". I said how does a cable tie not stick out of the norm? He says they check for leaks and damage, not cable ties. A couple of meetings with NCAT and I get some money back, but this dealer will never get another cent.
          Last edited by TC.Barky; 07-12-17, 04:13 PM. Reason: Removing dealer name

Comment

• Pajaru
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2013
            • Perth

Reminds me off another experience with a local dealer, where the truck had been in for its service and about two weeks later I when to rotate the wheels only to find that for the life of me I could not crack the wheels nuts regardless of what I tried. Now I weight 125kg and stand 6'5'' so am not small and have a fair amount of strength.
            We took the truck to a mates business who when they removed the nuts required something like 320nm to remove and as the manual states 105-125, we was not happy.

So we phone the Service Manager and complain, after a bit off "we have done nothing wrong", "We had our best service tech on your truck" to them saying "oh, the apprentice did the wheels and over tighten them, although the best tech signed off the job card" they then said that they would change procedures so that it would not happen again and gave us 15% off our next service.

The biggest issue for us which we enforced to the service manger is our pajero in not a "Soccer Mom's Truck" we use it for what it was designed for which means that we can be is some remote places and if I had to change a wheel we would be stuffed.

But we learned from this and I now crack the nuts after every service. to make sure they can be
            Last edited by TC.Barky; 07-12-17, 04:12 PM. Reason: Removed dealer name

To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

I get mine done at a mates service centre...100% confidence in his ability and workmanship. Wont beat his price either...
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• TC.Barky
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Melbourne

G'day fellas just a heads up I've removed dealer names from a couple posts here.

Not trying to hide shoddy work just protecting the forum from any legal troubles
                MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• fester
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                  G'day fellas just a heads up I've removed dealer names from a couple posts here.

Not trying to hide shoddy work just protecting the forum from any legal troubles
                  Surely if people are only stating the facts of what transpired and not being emotionally derogatory there is no need to do this.

As consumers we have a right to be able to make an informed decision on where we take our vehicles based on experiences. Obviously someone can't voice an opinion to try and stop people going somewhere but there is nothing wrong with providing experiences for people to use to make up their own minds.

we have little other means to help people not get stuck with poor workmanship.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by fester View Post
                    Surely if people are only stating the facts of what transpired and not being emotionally derogatory there is no need to do this.

As consumers we have a right to be able to make an informed decision on where we take our vehicles based on experiences. Obviously someone can't voice an opinion to try and stop people going somewhere but there is nothing wrong with providing experiences for people to use to make up their own minds.

we have little other means to help people not get stuck with poor workmanship.
                    Hey mate, agree with you in principle but this is the stance we have decided to take after previous legal threats to the forum have been made for similar scenarios. Ultimately the forum is paid for by the Pajero Club and if it starts costing the club money through legal issues there would be the potential for it to be shut down and we do not want to risk that.
                    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• fester
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Gympie Qld

Oh.

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post

100% correct 😎

sorry all..

Gus
                        VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                        NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Pajaru
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • Perth

Although, I did not name the dealer in my first post, I did in a later post, I do agree with the forums stance on naming companies and appreciate that the forum is a resource for us all and should be protected from issues that may put its existence into question

Heard this once
                          Truth is who can afford the best lawyer

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Please remember that truth, although a valid defence in a defamation case, is a defence that must be presented in court.

The Club doesn't want to end up in court.
                            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X