Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > The Bargain Store

The Bargain Store Tell us what is cheap ...cheap ....cheap!

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Bridgestone Duelers

Bridgestone has a $100 cash back until the end of the month if you buy 4. Works out $215 each.
Just got a new set today. My third set.
Was in Marree a couple of weeks ago and the tyre shop was half full of new Duelers plus one other brand I can't remember. Noticed a lot of them out that way on vehicles.
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter. In tow,Track Trailer T van.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I have the LT version of the Duelers on my Pajero and quite happy with them. Will definitely be getting the same set when its time to replace them. I've noticed they are a bit noisier now that they have completed close to 50k kms, but that could also be because they are LT tyres.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
I have the LT version of the Duelers on my Pajero and quite happy with them. Will definitely be getting the same set when its time to replace them. I've noticed they are a bit noisier now that they have completed close to 50k kms, but that could also be because they are LT tyres.

All tyres get noisy as they wear, it is because the rubber age hardens and the tread wears unevenly, particularly on tyres with aggressive tread.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
All tyres get noisy as they wear, it is because the rubber age hardens and the tread wears unevenly, particularly on tyres with aggressive tread.

OJ.
Yup, agree. Although I think the LT ones would be more noisy than the others owing to harder compound?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Currently in central west QLD. Every second vehicle is a 200 series landcruiser. But thatís another story. Heaps of Bridgestone Duelers around thatís for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I,ve got the 697,s as bitumen/hwy based tyres and a set of General AT2 for off road/dirt on steel rims. I,ve had the 697,s on other vehicles but found them too soft for off road work as they tended to cut and chip easily. Great road holding in wet and dry on bitumen though...that's my experience anyways...
Old 1 Week Ago

Just completed 7000km with the dueller 697LT that were new last year and 15000km ago.

This included the oodnadatta track and Merinee loop. I lowered pressures to 30 at the back and 25 at the front. No chips, splits or punctures. I sat on about 85kph on the dirt.

I reckon they are exceptional value and are what I have used for the last 7 years.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo03 View Post
Just completed 7000km with the dueller 697LT that were new last year and 15000km ago.

This included the oodnadatta track and Merinee loop. I lowered pressures to 30 at the back and 25 at the front. No chips, splits or punctures. I sat on about 85kph on the dirt.

I reckon they are exceptional value and are what I have used for the last 7 years.

You also see them everywhere in the outback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk